Friday, July 22, 2011

Keeping Focused

Keeping my eyes fixed on God.  In my difficult moments of my day I try to think of what I am thankful for.  I try to relate it to what that difficulty may be.  I notice when I do this any frustrations melt away... and I find myself excited for all that has taken place.  I am so thankful to be laying next to my man right now, everything else seems so minor when I put it into context of what I was facing a year ago.  Praise the Lord for all that He has done, all that He is doing, and all that it yet to come!  His hand of healing upon Adam has only just begun!

Philippians 3:14 (NLT)  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.



I know it's hot here in North Carolina, but I am so thankful for the heat after experiencing a northeastern winter... boy I never have to do that again.  It has been some warm days here... today to keep Adam active yet out of the heat, Bev and I took Adam to a local shopping center and was able to get Adam walking!  He walked quite a long ways and he did great, even with the added distractions of music and people!  Adam really seemed to enjoy it too, several times I thought he might want to take a break so I asked if he was ready to take a break and sit in his chair and he said no. 

Later this evening we were at my best friend's house Debbie and her son Jack and her husband John got out a ton of Legos and worked with Adam on building and taking them apart.  Apparently Adam likes to take them apart!

Adam and I spent the morning touring a potential facility for outpatient therapies.  Please keep this in your prayers, we're still not sure where he will be going for therapies.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Praying Amy! I'm so excited you guys are home! Isn't it the best to have your husband back sleeping with you?! I will never get tired of it...ever. We need a phone date sooooon! Something! Maybe skype? We never did get around to that. I had been making plans to come visit you in FL, so maybe now I can just come to NC again. I'm good with that! :) Miss you friend and praying lots for you!!! love ya! ~Cale and Kathleen :)

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

you are a strong and brave woman. jesus is being glorified.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend, I am so glad you guys get to be home. I don't dig walking in the mall. SO, I am full of admiration of Adam for doing so well. You WILL be at THE RIGHT FACILITY when the time comes. I continue to trust FAther for you and your sweet family. Marion

Blog Archive