Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God Is Making A Door of Hope

Hosea 2:15 says There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.  I love this verse of the power of God's restoration... I was reading today in my footnote that "Achor" means troubled, yet God has turned the valley of trouble into a door of hope... amazing!   I know these last 14 months of our families journey through out own valley of trouble will be restored by God's grace, He will continue to provide the door of hope for us... He is doing amazing things.  What a mighty God we serve... Amen?!!!


Today has been a busy day for both Adam and I... Adam worked so hard in therapy today!  He walked 20 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on the hand bike, he stood by himself for a total of 5 minutes and 10 seconds, he practiced get up and down off the mat, and even practiced walking around the facility... and that's just physical therapy.  When he was practicing getting up and down off the mat, at one point he stood up, spontaneously took 3 steps unassisted towards me to give me a hug and kiss!  It was so sweet, even Lisa Adam's therapist was surprised... how sweet my man is!

In occupational therapy, Terri worked with Adam in the kitchen, they made blueberry muffins... they were quite tasty.  Adam enjoys being back in the kitchen!  This evening after dinner here at home, Adam cleared his plate and brought it into the kitchen it was so incredibly awesome!  My man is so sweet and helpful.

Okay... one thing that I have been super excited about for the last 3 weeks but haven't been able to blog about it until I let Gloria (Adam's case manager from insurance) know... and since I spoke to her today... I can now share with you all... Adam has been able to spend the weekends at home with us!!!  He is actually here at home tonight too, laying here next to me in bed!!!  I love having him here and next to me!  Praise the Lord for progress.... remember the day when I was told Adam would always need 24 hour nursing care... just another odd Adam has defied!  God is doing amazing and mighty things in Adam's recovery.  Every night we've had Adam at home has been a blessing and a gift.

5 comments:

Carlee said...

So glad Adam can spend more time with you as a family at your home! God is good ALL THE TIME!

Karie Garner said...

What wonderful news that Adam is home on weekends!! That is so awesome and I'm so happy for you. What exciting things are happening for you now! Still praying for full recovery!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend, I rejoice with you in Adam's being home with youfor the weekends. Father is good. May you have an extra special touch of Father's grace this moment. Marion

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Amen, Amy! You are such an encourager and a woman of extraordinary faith. I often think of you and your circumstances when I'm getting ready to complain about something my husband does. Instead I need to rejoice in the good and simple things he can do. Your perspective is humbling and much needed. What a sweet thing to be near your man. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Amy and Adam, I want to let you know that I am sooooo happy for you both. I can't believe how far you have come Adam since I handed you over to Gloria. I watch from the background and cry with each accomplishment. The love you both have is so evident and wonderful, keep it up Adam. Soon you will be home every night and not just weekends. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Rejoice in his miracles and the power he provides to everyone involved in your recovery (NC,Mass, and Florida). Alyssa

Blog Archive