Thursday, July 21, 2011

Faith, Thankfulness, and Perseverence

Let me just brag about what an amazing husband I have.  He is such a wonderful caring man and I feel so blessed that he chose me to be his wife.  He works so hard each and every day... he always has been such a hard worker (a quality I have always admired, even in spite of the long hours), these days he has to work at everything, and I do mean everything... and he never gives up.  I am amazed at what he has to go through in a day and how challenging the simplest task can be, yet my man perseveres and continues to push through the long journey he is on. 

Adam has taught me so much through this journey, he has taught me that no matter what life throws at you, fight as hard has you can to overcome the difficulties and do it with a thankful heart.  It amazes me to hear my man pray, EVERY time he prays he gives God thanks and prays with a heart of thanksgiving.  This astonishes me... for how hard he has to work at everything and how difficult life is at the moment, there my man is giving thanks to God in the midst of it all.  What an example he has set for me.  My favorite quality about Adam most definitely in the last 3 years has been his love for his Savior and being the spiritual leader of our home, I find this the most attractive quality in my man... what an example he has set for our home to give thanks in the midst of our greatest challenges... after all it is God's will for us to give thanks in all circumstances.  1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Just like any other day Adam worked so hard today.  Just because we might have therapies scheduled in a facility doesn't mean Adam doesn't get therapy.  At the suggestion of Lily his speech therapist in FL, Adam writes or draws every day.   This morning I gave him his pad of paper and his pen and he wrote 6 words!!! He then continued to draw for awhile.  Adam worked on patterns, shapes, and puzzles.  After while it was time for lunch and I put sandwitch fixings in front of him and talked him through step by step, and he made his own sandwich!!!  Next it was time for some physical therapy... one of our really good friends who has a background in physical therapy has so graciously agreed to help us out... so we packed up and went to the Bill and Bev LaPiana's.  Bev, Ben (her son), and myself got Adam into the pool!!!  He walked the width of the pool 10 times took a rest and then we worked on squats in the pool.  Adam did great!  It was amazing, he was working so hard and I was amazed to see how well he did!  And to top it off Bev made Adam steak for dinner, it was his first steak in a year and a half!!!  What a blessing it is to be back home and around our friends and family here in North Carolina.  What an incredible support system we have here, we are so truly blessed.

Adam and I became an aunt and an uncle again yesterday afternoon!!! Congratulations to Tristan and Amanada welcoming Keira Sadie Root into the world! Can't wait to meet her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you say in a past blog, Adam liked to cook. This can't help but be good for him. I love you, Marion

Jewel said...

Wow, I had no idea you were moving back to NC. I completely trust that God guided you there and I'm really excited to hear about how things are working out:) I know He'll continue to guide you on the path toward healing and I pray you'll be able to see His hand each day as you did today. Love you guys!

Blog Archive