Tuesday, June 7, 2011

With This Ring...

Our wedding rings

What exactly is a wedding ring? The wedding rings embody the continuous flow of love, a circle that symbolizes eternity where there is no beginning and no end. It is believed that love moves around endlessly in circles for better or worse. It is an appropriate sign for the true meaning of marriage. The ring unites the married couple through happy or sad times. 
With this ring I pledged my love and faithfulness. I wear this ring as a beautiful reminder of the vows we have spoken.  I see it as a token of Adam's love for me, a consistent reminder to love and respect him unconditionally.  Wedding rings, while they may be a materialistic aspect of our marriage, the symbolism serves a purpose, maybe not for everyone... but I am speaking for myself.  A symbol of my vows, "I promise to love you, honor you, and cherish you; to be faithful and true; to be kind and forgiving, and to be unselfish in this love. I promise to stand besides you always... in times of joy and in times of sorrow." 1 Corinthians 13:7 says Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Since I LOVE my man, I will protect him, trust him, hope in God's best for us, in His plans, and persevere through the journey God has given us. 

Many of you know that I have been wearing Adam's ring since the day of his accident.  Before he went out riding for that one last ride, when he was getting ready to put on his gloves that he had his ring on... I asked if I could hold his ring for him.  I explained that I would just feel better if he didn't ride with his ring on... I was thinking if it were to get stuck on something... or if something were to happen to his hand... not knowing what was about to happen.  He handed me his ring and to ensure it's safety I locked it into my watch band, it's the only place I could think to put it... and it's been there ever since... until today!!!!

Today I asked Adam if he wanted to wear his wedding band and he said "sure, why not" so I took it off my watch band and handed it to him watching him place it on the correct finger!  Over the next couple of hours I noticed him more than once glance down and play with his ring! I explained to him our wedding vows and thanked him again for choosing me to be his bride.  I love that he wore his ring for most of the afternoon and evening.  To ensure it's safety it's back on my watch for now, but I am hoping he'll feel like wearing it again tomorrow!  I just love my man! 

It has been a big day in the Root house... Adam wearing his ring, and Mackenzie graduating 5th grade!!!!  She graduated elementary school, this is unbelievable... I told her I was too young to have a middle schooler.  This morning I attended her graduation ceremony and she was given two awards, the Spirit Award for having a positive attitude and encouraging others and the other was a special recognition award for coming into this school with only 6 weeks left and making the best of it.  Her teacher praised her for adapting so well and for her strong and courageous spirit... if I had to give Mackenzie an award for the school year, I would have given her a most improved!  She started the year off as a C average and finished with mostly A's!!!  She has brought home several 100% tests in math, english, and science!  I am so proud of my little (not so little) girl!

I was a little late in the shot, sorry, but this is right after she received her awards.

Mackenzie with her teacher Mrs. Mann

6 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

Congrats Mackenzie! You are in Middle School now and can come to youth group!!!

The LaPiana's said...

Congratulations Mackenzie! We are very proud of you.

Wanda said...

Congratulations Mackenzie. I am so proud of and your accomplishments! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing summer so you will be ready to start strong!

Anonymous said...

Yea Mackenzie -- sounds like you had a great end of the 5th grade! We're proud of you!

Amy J

Anonymous said...

I have taken my wedding ring off, maybe 4 times in the last 17 years. I love the reminder of my husband constantly with me. My husband had to take his off due to a certain work situation. He can't get it back on. I quite often wear it on a gold chain around my neck. (close to my heart) :) I am very proud of you, Mackenzie. When I was gradeschool, it went through the sixth grade. Middle school is quite a big step. Much love to all of you. I continue to trust Father for each of you. Marion

Temarie said...

Yay Mackenzie! Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! I hope you enjoy middle school. We wish we could be there to celebrate with you but know that we are so happy for you!

Blog Archive