Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Twenty-Four Hour Whirlwind

The title says it all, the last 24 hours hours has been crazy.  Sorry I didn't blog this morning, but we are still waiting test results so I really didn't have anything to share.  Adam has had hours of testing today, 2 more CT scans, one more on the brain, and one for his abdomen (he's been complaining of a lot of stomach pain).  He also had a swallow study, where they made Adam drink a chemical and then watch how his swallow is on xrays.  He did great and passed the swallowing test, it also showed no signs of his trach site having any problems.  Adam's CT scans have not been read yet next to his baseline CT so there is no results yet regarding his CT scans.  And so far most of the blood work has checked out to be okay.  His cultures they took will take 72 hours to grow out so right now we are back to the waiting process of this journey.  I asked the doctors to check Adam's liver and kidneys, liver because he's been on so many heavy duty medications in the last 13 months and kidneys because of his stomach pain, we are waiting those results as well.  Adam is holding up as best as he can considering his has been poked, prodded, and not left alone since we arrived.  It looks like we will be here for several days at least. 

I have not missed the hospital life, paying to park, eating out of cafeteria, driving 20 miles each way to get to and from Adam, being confined to Adam's room... I haven't missed this one bit.  I don't know what the purpose is for us needing to be back in a hospital, but I do know that God has a purpose for it, He will use this part of our journey for His glory.  Tonight I am continuing to trust in my Healer and His plans for our family... where ever they might take us, I trust Him that He will use every part of this journey for His glory and to teach me how to be content no matter where we are.  To be content in these circumstances  is not easy, but one thing I am learning... it's easier to be content when I have a thankful heart.  Tonight I am thankful for that Adam has come such a long ways that he is able to comply with just about everything he is asked, Iam thankful for Adam is able to express where his pain is, I am thankful for the care Adam is receiving here.  I am thankful for all of you praying for us, I am thankful for the blessings God has trusted me with, my man and my kiddo. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

After spending the night in a chair cuddled in a chair with Mackenzie in Adam's room, all I could think about was how Mackenzie spent last summer in the hospital with me and mostly in the ICU.  I just couldn't see doing that to her again, I just want her to be a kid and enjoy the summer... so I made a difficult decision and sent her to be with Bob and Connie and back to North Carolina.  She was so excited I thought she was going to burst with joy! I am so thrilled she gets to enjoy her a few weeks of her summer with friends.  And to be honest, I am so grateful I can be here with Adam by his side and not have to have her here at the hospital, what a tremendous blessing! 

I am exhausted, I haven't slept since Tuesday and my prospects of getting any good sleep in this chair in Adam's room isn't looking too good, but I'm going to give it a shot.  I will update as soon as we hear anything... but for now, if I could ask for one thing, I ask each of you to please pray for Adam right now.  Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still following your journey Amy and am saying a special prayer for you and Adam tonight.
Diane

Anonymous said...

I love you so much! God truly is in control and will continue to meet your every need even one for comfort as you rest! Mackenzie can now have summer moments in NC! Yeah! Rest in His love and His peace.

My love always,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Don't those chairs make into a sort of hide-a-bed? That would be better than sitting up. I am so glad Mackenzie has a place to go for the summer. I know you will rest easier. Besides, we are in the electronic age....phones!! I love you trust with you for Adam. Hugs, Marion

Anonymous said...

So thankful for all the tests that have come back positive! Praying for the rest you need Amy and God's healing touch on Adam in every part of his body ! So happy to hear that Mackenzie gets some time with friends in NC ! Love,Jan

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Yes, Jesus, you are the Sustainer and the Author of Life, continue to be glorified in the lives of this precious family. Restore Adam and Amy in all ways and grant clarity to those taking care of Adam to successfully treat his latest struggles.

Blog Archive