Monday, June 20, 2011

Time At The Beach and Much Time In Prayer

After spending breakfast with Adam and seeing how busy his schedule was today, I excused myself to have my quiet time.  By the time I walked across the street, I decided to drive the 35 minutes to the beach, after all no better place to have time in the Word than at the beach.
A Cocoa Beach sign welcoming to my oasis for the next few hours

Where I spent my morning

When I got back to NeuroRestorative Adam was practically running down the hallway with Jim.  (He was walking so fast.)  When Adam saw me I had my back to him and he walked up to me tapped me on the shoulder, when I turned around he kissed me and asked me how I was doing.  I love my man.  After he finished therapies we spent the afternoon and evening at home. 

So I have such a cool story to share... yesterday Adam and I attended a large church in the Orlando area.  The pastor asked the congregation to raise their hands if they had something to rejoice in, next he asked those who were suffering, hurting, or facing a trial to raise their hands... Adam raised his hand.  The pastor went on to explain that when one member of the body is suffering and hurting we all suffer and hurt.  1 Corinthians 12:26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. Next the pastor asked those who were sitting around someone who raised their hand to go over and lay hands on them and pray.  Without knowing Adam or I we were prayed for in ways that the Holy Spirit was leading.  The pastor then prayed for those who were suffering.  He prayed specifically for someone who was having difficulties learning, specifically having to relearn day to day activities.  I couldn't help but think he was praying for Adam.  I love how the Holy Spirit works.  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love going to the ocean when I am especially troubled. I see the vast horizon, and am reminded how all the water of the earth is as a drop of water in His hands, and since He's that big, He can certainly handle my "troubles". Amy, I KNOW the pastor was praying for Adam. Father does things like that. I love you, Marion

Mary Strynar said...

So Cool! I am rejoicing with you guys!

Teri Hooper said...

How awesome! Someone who had relearn daily activities? I am so thankful the Lord continues to show his incredible love for you and Adam in such profound ways. Thanks for sharing! Praising God with you.

Carlee said...

Pure Awesomeness! Praise God for that time!

Blog Archive