Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Still In His Hands

I can't help but to think that God is consistently asking me "do you still trust me?"  "Do you still know that I am in control and have Adam in My hands?"  Tonight I am saying "yes Lord, thank you for having Adam in Your capable hands!"  God's hands are still all over Adam's recovery, healing, and throughout this journey.  I will continue to trust God no matter where He takes us, even if it's back to the emergency room, which is where we are tonight.  I know no matter what, He will not leave us, He has never left us and He will not ever leave us... His presence will only get louder the more places we are admitted to.  Psalm 31:14  But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."

Adam has had a difficult day.  He was very tired for most of the day and participated in therapies but not to level he has been.  He was a little lethargic.  I kept a close eye on him today. Since Sunday his left eye has been a little off center and I asked the therapists and the nurse to keep a close eye on him today I had a hard time getting his eye to come back to center... but the real clincher came tonight when I was giving Adam water and when he was taking it in, it was coming out of his tracheotomy site just as fast as it was going in.  His trach was removed back in January and there is no reason it should be reopened at this moment. 

When we arrived I asked the doctor for a shunt series xray, CT, and a full blood work up.  At first he only granted me 2 out of the 3 and then I was able to convince him that I would like to do all tests right up front so we can try to expedite this as quickly and painlessly as possible.  I was able to convince him after giving some history on Adam's journey.  Right now as I am typing Adam is in CT.  He will be admitted here for the night as they run tests and try to figure out why his trach site has mysteriously reopened.  Now we are in the waiting game... we hurry up and wait... hurry up and get the tests done, and wait for the results.  We should know more in the morning so I will try to update again in the morning once we know more. 

Tonight I just ask that you pray for the doctors that will be attending to Adam's care, pray that God will give them wisdom and discernment in making decisions regarding Adam's care as these doctors have never worked with Adam before.  Pray that we will be able to figure out what's going on quickly and that there will be an easy fix if one is needed. Thank you for your prayers, we couldn't do this journey without all of you.  So thankful we are all in God's hands. 

8 comments:

Vicky Scott said...

Amy,
We are reading daily and praying.
The Scott Family

Kathleen said...

Praying Amy...love you friend. Wish I could be there with you. One day Cale and I will make the trip to come see you guys, we would love it! Until then, I'm praying that God would give you tangible hugs from Him and from us! Love you!

Anonymous said...

"Sweet Jesus, You do move in strange and mysterious ways. I sure don't understand all of what You are giving Adam and Amy, BUT I KNOW You do. Thank you for Your constant care of them, especially when we see things as so many questions. Thank you for giving the surgeons, and all who care for Adam, to see what a mighty God you are, and to see Your loving care of Your children. I love You." (Marion)

Wanda said...

Praying for each of you and the medical staff! Praying for a speedy diagnosis and recovery.

Anonymous said...

God thank you for your strength for Amy and Adam as you have asked them once again to follow YOU into another hospital. We pray you would bring healing and restoration quickly and thoroughly to Adam's body. Bless and guide all those who have and will care for him there. And Lord, as always, what they need most is Your peace that passes understanding and the joy of the Lord which is our strength in every situation You allow in our lives. Thank you for how the Light of Your Presence will be reflecting magnificently off of these your children Adam, Amy, and Mackenzie who we love and cherish so much. In the powerful name of Your Son, Jesus Christ we pray. Amen Love you, Jan

Anonymous said...

Yes Amy, Adam is in Gods hand's but I know too that he is in your hands. You amaze me on a daily basis!

I can not even imagine the difficultly, the breadth of the entire situation, but you handle it - and seem to handle it mightily. You are a God send. THANK YOU!

Ashton

Restyled Interiors Decor & Design said...

Praying Amy! God is faithful!!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

It is a blessing that you are such an advocate for Adam. You notice any little changes and are always in his corner. What a powerful testimony. I pray he has an easily treatable issue and that progress can continue. I have learned a lot in reading your blog about traumatic brain injuries. Bless you.

Blog Archive