I can't help but to think that God is consistently asking me "do you still trust me?" "Do you still know that I am in control and have Adam in My hands?" Tonight I am saying "yes Lord, thank you for having Adam in Your capable hands!" God's hands are still all over Adam's recovery, healing, and throughout this journey. I will continue to trust God no matter where He takes us, even if it's back to the emergency room, which is where we are tonight. I know no matter what, He will not leave us, He has never left us and He will not ever leave us... His presence will only get louder the more places we are admitted to. Psalm 31:14 But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."
Adam has had a difficult day. He was very tired for most of the day and participated in therapies but not to level he has been. He was a little lethargic. I kept a close eye on him today. Since Sunday his left eye has been a little off center and I asked the therapists and the nurse to keep a close eye on him today I had a hard time getting his eye to come back to center... but the real clincher came tonight when I was giving Adam water and when he was taking it in, it was coming out of his tracheotomy site just as fast as it was going in. His trach was removed back in January and there is no reason it should be reopened at this moment.
When we arrived I asked the doctor for a shunt series xray, CT, and a full blood work up. At first he only granted me 2 out of the 3 and then I was able to convince him that I would like to do all tests right up front so we can try to expedite this as quickly and painlessly as possible. I was able to convince him after giving some history on Adam's journey. Right now as I am typing Adam is in CT. He will be admitted here for the night as they run tests and try to figure out why his trach site has mysteriously reopened. Now we are in the waiting game... we hurry up and wait... hurry up and get the tests done, and wait for the results. We should know more in the morning so I will try to update again in the morning once we know more.
Tonight I just ask that you pray for the doctors that will be attending to Adam's care, pray that God will give them wisdom and discernment in making decisions regarding Adam's care as these doctors have never worked with Adam before. Pray that we will be able to figure out what's going on quickly and that there will be an easy fix if one is needed. Thank you for your prayers, we couldn't do this journey without all of you. So thankful we are all in God's hands.
- ► 2012 (38)
- Travels, Love, and Progress
- Learning to Hold Joy and Sorrow
- It's All About the Power...in Prayer
- Southren Sweet Tea
- Loving The Book
- Standing For My Marriage
- International Day and A Day For Walking
- Giving Thanks For A Much Better Day and For My Man...
- Please Pray For Adam Tonight
- Time At The Beach and Much Time In Prayer
- Happy Father's Day To My Man
- A Much Needed Day of Some R&R
- Cherishing My Moments and Praying For My Sister
- Nothing's Gonna Take The Praise Out of My Mouth
- Choosing To Trust In Spite of Circumstances
- Touching The Highlights
- Seeking God's Face Not Just His Hands
- Praying For Faith While Enjoying My Time With My M...
- Still In A Holding Pattern... Waiting... Placing O...
- Laughing Our Way To Healing
- A Twenty-Four Hour Whirlwind
- Still In His Hands
- With This Ring...
- Thankful That My Marriage Has Changed Me
- Taking The Night Off
- Put It In God's Hands
- The View From My Rocking Chair
- God Is With Us
- The Power of Perfect Love
- ▼ June (29)
- ► 2010 (250)