Friday, June 24, 2011

Standing For My Marriage

I am rejoicing in Adam's progress today!  I can't help but be excited for how far he has come in the 4 months he's been out of his coma!  He's come such a long ways!  Today in physical therapy he stood all by himself for 4min and 47 seconds, and then again for 3 minutes and 42 seconds... he's amazing!

Today was a really busy day for me, I spent from 10:30-3:30 in meetings so I really didn't get to see Adam in therapy today, I only got to hear how well all his sessions went.  I am so proud of him and how far he has come!

A former Pastor in Seattle, WA wrote a power statement about marriage and when I read it, I knew I just had to share with all of you!

I am standing for the healing of my marriage!
I won’t give up, give in, give out, or give over till that healing takes place.
I made a vow; I said the words; I gave the pledge; I gave a ring; I took a ring; I gave myself; I trusted God; and said the words and meant the words…in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in good times and in bad; so I’m standing now, and won’t sit down, let down, slow down, calm down, fall down, look down, or be down till the breakdown is torn down!

I refuse to put my eyes on outward circumstances; or listen to prophets of doom, or buy into what’s trendy, worldly, popular, convenient, easy, quick, thrifty, or advantageous.
Nor will I settle for a cheap imitation of God’s real thing.
Nor will I seek to lower God’s standard, twist God’s will, rewrite God’s Word, violate God’s covenant, or accept what god hates, namely divorce.

In a world of filth, I will stay pure.
Surrounded by lies, I will speak the truth.
Where hopelessness abounds, I will hope in God.
Where revenge is easier, I will bless instead of curse, and when the odds are stacked against me, I’ll trust in God’s faithfulness.


I have printed this out and hung it on my bathroom mirror and next to my kitchen sink.  I just loved this... I encourage you all to print it off and put it some place you will be reminded to stand for your marriage.daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my Friend, These are wonderous words. While I have never heard these particular words before, THE MEANING IS WHAT HAS GIVEN ME 33 YEARS WITH 'MY MAN'!!!!!!! I have learned to ask and see as Jesus sees, not the outward apperance, but the heart. I have learned to put my Husband's wants before my own. Father blesses obedience to His word in ways you can't imagine. I love you and continue to trust Father for yu and your sweet family. Marion

Blog Archive