Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Power of Perfect Love

Charles H. Spurgeon once wrote "Why do you worry?  What possible use does your worrying serve?  You are aboard such a large ship that you would be unable to steer even if the Captain placed you at the helm.  You would not even be able to adjust the sails, yet you worry as if you were the captain or the helmsman of the vessel.  Be quiet dear soul, God is the Master! Do you think all the commotion and uproar of this life is evidence that God has left His throne?  He has not!  His mighty steeds rush furiously ahead, and His chariots are the storms themselves.  But the horses have bridles, and it is God who holds the reins, guiding the chariots as He wills.  Our God Jehoviah is still the Master!  Believe this and you will have peace. 'Do not be afraid' (Matthew 14:27)."

After reading this by Charles Spurgeon today I pondered, does God have my reins?  Have I allowed Him to rein over me, over all of me, over my fears, over my unbelief?  If I did I wouldn't experience fear or unbelief... because God himself says that perfect love casts out ALL fear, so when I hold onto His promises and His love for me, He reins, and by His grace and power His love casts out all fear, worry, and unbelief.  Easier said than done some days... on my difficult days I often pray that God will help my unbelief.  Unbelief in God and His promises is what causes worry, fears, doubt, anxiety... Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.  Please God, rein in me.  I am not strong enough to steer this ship Lord, so I give you the reins and I trust in You and Your perfect love.  Thank you for loving me all the time even through my moments of unbelief.

If you ever wrestle with unbelief, please I urge you to read this blog from the beginning, because it documents what a mighty God we serve and it is only by His mighty hand that our family is what is today!  Praise God that He is the same yesterday as He is today and I know this because I have seen His miracles in Adam's healing!

Today was a rough day for Adam, he had a difficult time concentrating and participating in therapies and this afternoon was quite agitated.  It just made for a long day.  This evening however, he calmed down and asked to go out for a bit.  So instead of taking him home, Adam went grocery shopping with Mackenzie and I!!!  It was the first time that the 3 of us were out and about by ourselves!  Adam did great, at one point I asked Mackenzie to run down an isle and grab me something and Adam turned to me and said " I can't see her anymore and I need to keep my eye on her to keep her safe"  He is such a good dad!  What an honor it is to be my man's wife!

I can't thank you all enough for your letters of encouragement, WOW!!!!  They have been incredible to read and so encouraging to all 3 of us.  I am working on completing Adam's book and can't wait to give it to him.   I have read him the letters as they came in, and then have been putting them in his scrapbook which is documenting his journey for how far he has come.  Thank you so much for all that you all have done for us!  Your participation in this journey is so vital and we couldn't do it without all of you, the body of Christ!  Thank you!

Ponder this today  “Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength”  Charles H. Spurgeon.

5 comments:

Temarie said...

Such great quotes from Spurgeon! Thanks so much for the reminder! We have needed it this week. We have a card we're sending to Adam, but will get to him later than the cut off date. Sorry it is getting to him later! I am so in awe of how mighty God is, which I really shouldn't be, in Adam's healing! I bet you never thought you would be so amazed and happy to go grocery shopping as a family before!

Wanda said...

Thanks for the reminder!

So glad you were able to go to the grocery store as a family.

Praying for a wonderful day for you all.

Anonymous said...

Dear One, my mom used to worry that she didn't have something to worry about!! There are times I pick up on that tendency. One of my favorite prayers is the "Lord, I believe, help Thou my unbelief". I love you and continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Like Adam, when I am out with my granddaughter, I need to see her at all times. :)

Kathleen said...

Amy, I love the quote from Spurgeon! Awesome! Such a neat picture! I remember the first time Cale went to the grocery store with me. I think he was a bit overwhelmed...! I tried to have him pick out things like bananas and apples, but he was too mixed up. He did so well though, and I remember walking out of the store with a HUGE smile on my face! So fun! I love that you guys are getting to go out and do more things. I saw big changes in Cale when we first started going out! Praying for you guys lots! love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

oops, I forgot to sign my name to what I just posted. :( Marion

Blog Archive