Monday, June 27, 2011

It's All About the Power...in Prayer

Amy was unable to blog tonight but will be in full swing tomorrow to fill you in on all the details.



This is Brooke here and I would just like to say a few words...

It is hard to fathom how a tragedy can personally affect your life.  It is easy to be immersed in wanting to know every detail of the event and needing daily progress reports from those personally affected. Examples that pop in my head range from national tragedies such as the Oklahoma City bombing and 9/11 to personal tragedies as a death in the family and the aftermath of church members sending dinners and the knock on the door from flowers being delivered. There are so many ways to cope in situations that seem impossible to get through. People do what they can in a way to let others know they are being thought of and that support is there for them if needed.  After a couple weeks, maybe even months the event may fade for those not personally affected, daily routines start to become more prevalent and the tragic event slowly begins to fade from memory.

I say all this to say that I realize over a year has passed since Adam's accident, I realize life goes on and people have responsibilities and I also realize that many of you have never ceased praying for Adam, Amy and Mackenzie throughout this past year . I am asking you now to continue to pray, to know that now more than ever is when prayer is needed. Pray that Amy can face the big decisions that fall in her lap every day. Pray for guidance and trust. Let Amy know how she has encouraged you or strengthened you through this journey. Everyone needs a boost and now more than ever is when Amy needs one from all of the readers here, friends, family members, acquaintances. Don't forget that there is power when you pray.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Father God ~

Please bless Amy tonight and give her your strength and peace ~ and anything else she needs that we do not know about. Bless her for all she has been for Adam, Mackenzie and others in her life. Please give her your wisdom in making the decisions that she must continue to make for her family. Please continue the miracle healing you are doing in Adam so that his healing becomes complete and perfect. Restore Adam, dear God, so that your power and glory may be evident to all who meet him for the rest of his life. Bless, guide and encourage this sweet family, Father God, and show Amy what a light she has been for you on a daily basis over this past very difficult year. We pray this in Jesus' mighty Name ~ Amen.
(Sending you love and ongoing prayers ~ Sheri/Snohomish, WA.)

Missi said...

Got to this site from a blog jump....I pray for you and Adam, Ben and Katie, and Cale and Kathleen every morning before I rise. Your situation has brought great attention on how fast our lives can change. Most everyday I pray you have a bountiful of strength for you and for Adam. Realizing things may never be exactly the same but that Adam can have eartlhly healing so you can get back into a "new normal" in your home as a family. Your posts each day encouraged me in my faith to persevere and be faithful no matter our circumstances. Give yourself the time you need for whatever you are feeling. You have a multitide of decisions to make and face everyday. He will Carry Me, a song by Mark Schultz comes to mind....Hugs..A sis in Christ...

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I don't know Amy personally but I admire her faith and courage. She is an amazing wife and shows us all devotion and commitment in marriage. I continue to lift the Root family up to Jesus.

Anonymous said...

amy's honest love for the lord actually brought me back to the lord. the way she dealt with the trouble in her life gave me a new perspective to deal with my own troubled life. because of this blog i started praying for other people and that was the best thing that happened in my life. it catapults every aspect of your relationship with the lord on a level that you can't reach otherwise. since the day i started praying for adam, amy and mackenzie, God blessed me in ways I cannot describe. Praying for other people is like a secret gift from God to his children, once you get to know it, it is like a drug, you get addicted to it, because it is the most full filling thing, it makes you happy and you are just in awe of the kindness of God.

This blog was the start of my 'new' relationship with God, thank you amy. i love you folks.

Vicky Scott said...

Amy,

I read your post daily and I pray daily and I place your prayer requests in my email updates on Jonathan that go out daily. I KNOW that the LORD will give you the answers you need, and the grace, wisdom, and strength to walk it all out. You are not alone.

Love
Vicky

Jewel said...

I am praying and seriously a day does not go by when I don't think about you Amy and Adam and Mackenzie. Thanks for the heads up Brooke and I'll be specifically praying for decisions, wisdom and the Lord to lead you guys:) The Lord has a mighty plan for your family. I love you! xoxoxo

C. Lunsford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I continue to trust Father for you, Amy, and your sweet family. Brooke, I am glad you are doing better. Much love Marion

Anonymous said...

Amy I love you so much! God's hand continues to guide and lead you every step of this difficult journey. I know the ups and downs you have faced, yet you have encourged many to stay strong and anchor into Jesus! He does have great plans for you, Adam, and Mackenzie. I'm so humbled that you call me mom!

Love you lots! Will see you all again soon.
Mom

Anonymous said...

You truly ARE an inspiration !!! So many prayers for you and your family....You have taught me how to be so thankful for each gift that God blesses us with....I've never known personally anyone with a TBI, but am trying to do my best with my mom who has dementia. People really don't understand unless they've walked in these shoes !!! I'm sure you feel the same. Stay strong and know that you are never alone....

Anonymous said...

Thinking of the Roots~
Continuing to bang on the doors of heaven with our prayers for your family.
Kim :)

splatter's film blog said...

Dearest, sweetest Amy,
In your heartache, I pray that the Lord would make himself daily evident to you. You always were the one to remind me that everything happens for a reason. I never know the reasons when I'm in the midst, but you're right. I'm so grateful for you. I pray for you in tears knowing that you are in pain and that life is hard. I wish it wasn't, but you are covered in prayer. You are so loved. Today I'm praying for strength, encouragement, grace, and joy moment by moment.
love your friend,
Stephanie
Jesus, love on Amy today. Heal Adam if it is your will. Bless dear Mackenzie. Be ever near them, speaking to them, loving them through and in this. We love you, Lord. Amen.

Anonymous said...

You may feel sometimes that everyone has moved on, but we pray for you often at TCC and your story is still so very inspiring. Keep the faith and hope to see you move back soon!!

Blog Archive