Thursday, June 23, 2011

International Day and A Day For Walking

Today was International Day at NeuroRestorative.  For the last 2 weeks the participants have picked a country, made the country's flag, planned to cook something authentic from that country, and then present it.  So today was the final day and all the participants made something for a huge celebration lunch.  Adam's country was Italy, he painted the Italian flag, and he made bruschetta (almost by himself, all  we had to do was tell him what steps to take)!!!  It was quite tasty!  I am so proud of him!

We also hit a big milestone... Adam's walk is improving and his balance is getting better that when he's walking, he's doing so much for himself that I was able to train with Lisa (Adam's physical therapist) to walk with Adam!  So now he's able to walk with me, not just therapists!  My man is walking mostly by himself and with NO walker!!!!  Praise the Lord for this incredible miracle!  Lisa thinks that by next week Adam should be able to come over to our apartment and not need his chair while he's here.  I am so excited!  On top of walking with Lisa and I, Adam walked 20 minutes on the treadmill by himself!  GO ADAM!!!!

This evening before dinner I had my camera and Adam was in such a good mood we started taking pictures of us, we were making silly faces and just goofing off... it was so fun.  I showed him some pictures of his journey from 7 months ago and he looked at the picture and said "no way, that's not me"  I told Adam, we have so much to be thankful for and I just thank God that every day He has you in His mighty hands.  I asked Adam if I could pray and he said "absolutely", we just sat there and gave God the glory that He deserves.  Nehemiah 1:11 O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.  We have so much to be thankful for and tonight all I can do is give thanks and praise for how far He has brought my man and our family!  Praise the Lord.  I heard this quote recently "The optimist says, the cup is half full. The pessimist says, the cup is half empty. The child of God says; My cup runneth over."  Please contiue to pray for Adam's FULL recovery,

Just a quick update... sorry it has taken me so long to update you on my sister... thank you for your prayers, she was discharged earlier this week from the hospital and is at home recovering.  Thank you for your prayers and concerns!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for yur sister's healing. You know, I thought I smelled something yummy in the air. It must have been your meal with Adam. I love you and continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Marion

Blog Archive