Thursday, June 2, 2011

God Is With Us


If you haven't figured it out by now, I love Mandisa! Her music has spoken to me so much thought this journey. This song "He Is With You" has meant so much to me, when I have cried out in my darkest hours, when I have begged God to show up, when I have felt so helpless and lonely... I know with out a doubt in my mind that God has been there, He has never left me... He has shown Himself to me time and time again. When I look back and reflect on the last year, I can see how God has protected Adam, how He has comforted me, when so many people seemed hopeless, God gave Adam and I the hope we both needed to keep fighting through this. He has never left us, He was with us in the ICU at UNC, He was with us at WakeMed, He was with us at Spaulding, and He is with us now at NeuroRestorative, and He will be with us when the day will come when we can return back to North Carolina... to home! 
He is with you too and my prayer for you is that you feel His radical love for you and that you will forever be changed by just the thought of of His love for you... He loves you so much that He has promised to NEVER leave you, He wants nothing in return, and even if you didn't choose to love Him... He will still radically love you, because HE is love.

Wow, I can't even begin to tell you what a busy day Adam had. He was scheduled for therapies from 8:00am to 3:00pm. He had a much better day today, he has become a min assist of one for all transfers all the time!!! The therapists and I have all witnessed Adam even transferring himself on several occasions needing no assistance, just someone to stand by and make sure Adam is safe!!! It's only a matter of time and he will no longer need assistance in any transfers! With Adam being so easy to transfer it has made it so easy to get out and about with him!

At 3:00pm we let Adam sit outside with his back to everyone to give him some down time and quiet time, it worked perfectly, he didn't get agitated today!!! Normally after therapies end and before dinner is when he tends to get agitated... this was great just to give him some down time and time to relax before dinner. We're going to try this again tomorrow in hopes that it will work two days in a row!!! Please continue to pray for Adam, pray that his agitation will continue to propel him forward in his road to recovery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son came by as I was listening to "He Is With You". He sat down, listened, then hit repeat. He said it was just what he needed. Father has used you once again in our lives. Thank YOU!! Marion Yes, I will trust Father for Adam. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful song and video. Can't say I did not cry, but I loved it. Thanks for sharing it!

Love,
Lisa C

Teri Hooper said...

Thank you.

Blog Archive