Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day To My Man

Psalm 103:13  As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
My man and our kiddo

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there, but especially to my man, Adam... you're an incredible father to Mackenzie... thank you for being the man that you are, the provider and protector of our family. 

Today it was so sweet... Mackenzie has been up in North Carolina for the last 10 days and this morning Adam asked "where's Mackenzie?" It's the first time he's asked for her by her real name!  When I asked if him if he was missing her, he said "I'm pretty sure that's right".  I promised Mackenzie we wouldn't celebrate Father's Day until she returned.

Over the past 13 months I have had a unique inside look at how difficult it is to be head of the house, a role I can't wait to hand back over to my man when he's ready and able.  Our men have so much responsiblity, making decisions for the family that they will have to be responsible for when standing before God, providing for a family, training children up to be Christ followers.  I watched Adam over the past few years before his accident, take his role as head of our home with humility and intergrity.  Adam is a man worthy of honor and respect and this Father's Day I just want to tell him thank you for all that he has done for our family.  He is an amazing husband and father, and I know his secret... He loves the Lord with all his heart and he worked hard to maintain his priorities and it shows. 

I was listening to Focus on the Family on Friday and Ken Davis (he's a christian comedian) was speaking and he asked the question to fathers "are you the most Godly man your children know?"  "if not, why not?"  What a huge challenge, if you're asking yourself, how do I get there, where to I start... I wanted to offer a resource to you men that might help you with your role as husband and father.  Check out this ministry Men of Armor and their website http://www.menofarmor.com/

As for wives, encourage your man DAILY, build him up DAILY, after all he's your man and you chose him as much as he chose you... show him today by thanking him for choosing you.  Thank him for being the provider and protector of your home and family.  Honor him, show him that you respect him and in return he will love you in a way you never dreamed was possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day ADAM! You are an amazing, caring father. Thanks for loving Mackenzie!

Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

I wished Adam a Happy Father's Day on the previous blog, BUT once more is good, "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!". Yesterday in our church women's letter a birth was announced...The little girl's name was Mackenzie Lynn, I thought Mackenzie would get a kick out of that. Much love and continuing trust, Marion

Blog Archive