Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Giving Thanks For A Much Better Day and For My Man!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers!!!  Adam had a much better day today!!!  In fact it has probably been one of his best therapy days yet!

Lily (Adam's speech therapist) after working with Adam today came up to me and told me how incredible their session was.  She said they had a back and forth conversation with accurate details and that he participated in everything she asked him to do.  She also said his accuracy on his yes's and no's is improving!  GO ADAM!!!  Jim worked Adam hard today in physical therapy... Adam walked the most yet!  I was taking video of Adam walking and when I was Jim, mentioned that he was keeping his hand on Adam's gait belt just in case Adam lost his balance, but that he was providing Adam any support, Adam was walking practically by himself all around NeuroRestorative and outside!  Next Jim put Adam on the treadmill again with no assistance other that a hand for a quick grab in case Adam lost his balance... Adam walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  Jim also worked with Adam on lifting weights and stretching, Adam was giving 110% today (he was making up for yesterday).  GO ADAM!!!!  I am so thankful for today.

I was hanging out with Adam today talking with him and playing around... when I heard two male participants talking about Adam and I... I couldn't help but hear them say that they both wanted what Adam and I share.  I thought this was so sweet... truth is, Adam and I only have what we have... not because we magically found each other but because we both love Jesus so much and want to please Him that in doing so, and placing God first... our marriage can't help but flourish and benefit.  We have what we have because God has built it this far and we will continue to trust in Him as he is still building and shaping our marriage. 

What kills me is that people think what Adam and I have is not obtainable, one of kind, impossible for them... when in reality, if you put God first and honor your vows, your covenant vows... vows that united you and your spouse as one.  1 Corinthians 11:11 In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.  When you ask God to show you how to be one with your spouse, putting God and His will for your marriage first, God will give you a marriage that is far better than ANYTHING you could ever dream of.    Quit looking for your spouse to change, quit focusing on what your spouse hasn't done... and start looking at all the your spouse is, all that your spouse has done and is doing.  If you find this difficult, ask God to change your heart, he will do it for you, just like he did for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rejoice with you that Adam is doing so much better. Father is good. One thing I have found in my marriage of 33 years, is treating our spouse as we would treat Jesus. When we are one with Christ, and our spouses are, we need to remember we aren't only talking to our spouses BUT to Jesus. It makes a difference in what and how we speak. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

WOW ! What a day ! Sweet sweet Jesus... thank you for the strength you are giving Adam and his amazing day. thank you for Amy's beautiful words of truth about why their marriage flourishes and thank you for the dear folks today that noticed the beauty in this marriage! May they come to know that You love them and are committed to them.....just like they see Adam and Amy loving one another." Love,Jan

Blog Archive