Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Choosing To Trust In Spite of Circumstances

Trust Him when dark doubts assail thee,
Trust Him when thy strength is small,
Trust Him when to simply trust Him
Seems the hardest thing of all.
Trust Him, He is ever faithful,
Trust Him, for his will is best,
Trust Him, for the heart of Jesus
Is the only place of rest....   Source Unknown.

1 Peter 4:12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

I am doing my best to place my trust in God daily, even on my sad days.  Today has been a sad, weepy day... no reason in particular, missing my man.   I made a choice that I am going to do everything I can to keep my eyes fixed on Him and choose to trust God and the plans He has for our family, no matter how difficult or hard the trials are, I am choosing to believe the trials are apart of His great plan.  Tonight through my tears I can honestly say I am thankful for my trials, even in spite of how difficult they are, I am thankful that God chose our family to be His great vessels, to be His warriors... that is worth rejoicing in and being thankful for.

I am thrilled to have Adam participating in therapies again... he had a full and busy day!  He did amazing.  I am so proud of him working so hard!  My man is amazing, he is truly my hero for how hard he continues to fight for us every day.

My favorite moment came when a staff member brought in her 2 month old granddaughter.  I was holding the baby and Adam kept talking to the baby and told her how cute she is.  Adam made her smile, he waved to her, he was enjoying the baby so much.  It was so sweet to watch him.  Adam just loves kids and it was so great to see him interact with such a tiny baby.  Such a sweet and precious moment that I will cherish forever.

Adam and I are happy to announce the arrival of our neice this evening...  Leighton Jane Root 7lbs 4oz.  Congratualtions Brad and Shandal, we love you guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father knows all things. I have hust had a stretching opportunity. The verse at the beginning of your blog was needed. Thank you. Marion

Mary Strynar said...

Adam is so good with the big kids too. My Jack talks about Adam regularly. I love how Adam would teasingly whack Jack at church and seeing the big smile on Jack's face afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Or remember when Allie would say, "Yes Ma'm" to Adam and he would pretend to get all offended and say I'm not a Ma'm and Allie would crack up. She loved teasing him.

Love you.
Amy

Blog Archive