I start tonight's blog off with another prayer request... my sister Brooke, (she sometimes blogs for me), she has been really sick the last few days and is currently hospitalized and will be for the next several days. She has a block in her small intestine and it is causing some complications. Please keep her in your prayers. My heart is sick that I can't be there for her. My mom, my sister Renae, my brother, and Brooke's fiance` have all been by her side and keeping me in the loop.
This whole week I find myself saying out loud, Lord I trust you, I trust you, I trust you. When I am struggling with trusting Him I say it out loud, proclaiming that I trust Him. I love that I don't have to walk this weary land alone, or face these struggles and trials without Him... I often find myself asking, how do people go through life without God? How did I go without God for so long? I am so lucky that He chose me, that He loved me from the beginning even when I didn't choose Him, He still loved me. With all that has been going on in the last 13 months, I am so blessed that God has kept me in the palm of His hands, protecting me, caressing me, teaching me, guiding me, and letting me know every day that I am His beloved. He died because He loves me so much, He died so that I might live. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Thank you Jesus that I am Yours! I love my Jesus!
Today at NeuroRestorative they held an awards ceremony and Adam was given the award of "Most improved walk"!!! I was so proud of him and how hard he works! He is so strong! After Adam finished up therapies this afternoon, we came home... we made dinner and ate it by candlelight and by storm! I love a good thunder storm, it was so awesome. After dinner we were able to meet our new niece over the computer, she's adorable. By the time we finished up talking with his family, the storm had cleared and we were able to go for a walk. When we returned from our stroll, I asked Adam if he wanted to help me make cookies and he said he did. He did awesome and I was surprised by how much he really did help make them. I think they're the best cookies I've ever made, because we made them together! Adam and I used to always spend so much time in the kitchen together, that being back in the kitchen cooking together this evening was really special. What a blessing. This will be an evening that I will forever cherish. All evening I just stopped and gave thanks to the Lord for being able to have Adam in our home, just the 2 of us. A year ago, I wasn't sure this would ever be possible again, and now look at what an amazing God we serve, truly a God of restoration.
- ► 2012 (38)
- Travels, Love, and Progress
- Learning to Hold Joy and Sorrow
- It's All About the Power...in Prayer
- Southren Sweet Tea
- Loving The Book
- Standing For My Marriage
- International Day and A Day For Walking
- Giving Thanks For A Much Better Day and For My Man...
- Please Pray For Adam Tonight
- Time At The Beach and Much Time In Prayer
- Happy Father's Day To My Man
- A Much Needed Day of Some R&R
- Cherishing My Moments and Praying For My Sister
- Nothing's Gonna Take The Praise Out of My Mouth
- Choosing To Trust In Spite of Circumstances
- Touching The Highlights
- Seeking God's Face Not Just His Hands
- Praying For Faith While Enjoying My Time With My M...
- Still In A Holding Pattern... Waiting... Placing O...
- Laughing Our Way To Healing
- A Twenty-Four Hour Whirlwind
- Still In His Hands
- With This Ring...
- Thankful That My Marriage Has Changed Me
- Taking The Night Off
- Put It In God's Hands
- The View From My Rocking Chair
- God Is With Us
- The Power of Perfect Love
- ▼ June (29)
- ► 2010 (250)