Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What My Bible Says About Marriage

Did you ever notice that Adam and Eve weren't even attacked until God joined them in marriage and God put a call on their lives for ministry of marriage.  Marriage is a huge threat to the enemy, because two are always far greater than one.  Two can accomplish so much more for His kingdom when working together.  Two can encourage eachother, can build eachother, accomplish more in a shorter amount of time.  When two gather in prayer in His name, we know He is there with them.  Two is a dangerous number to the enemy, and a happily married two, WOW... the torment it must put the enemy through.  I don't know about you, but I love the thought of tormenting the enemy, don't you?!!!  So how do we get there?  How do we become happily married?

First, I want to start by saying, I don't speak because I have this all figured out, or I'm some expert... actually it's the complete opposite.  I speak because I too am learning, my spirit it open to learn how to be led by the Holy Spirit to the highest calling God has put on my life yet... and that's my marriage, it's being my husband's girlfriend, and my man's wife.  I want to start by praying, because truly, I want this message to be spirit led. 

Dear Heavenly Father, I just love you.  I thank you Lord for the gift of my husband, I thank you Lord for help and resource God that Your Word is when it comes to my role as a wife.  Lord, I thank you that you continue to teach me every moment of every day how to be Adam's wife.  The wife that he needs me to be and that you wanted for him since the day you created him.  Lord I pray for those whose marriages are falling apart, marriages that are being neglected, I pray for the marriages that need Your help to be strengthened and enriched.  I pray that we will all continue to learn how to nourish our marriages.  For wives and husbands who have lost hope for a happy marriage, I pray that You show them that You have never left them and You want to help them.  Where hope is lost Lord, I pray for revival in these marriages, I pray for new beginnings, I pray for the power of Your Holy Spirit to come and fill these marriages with your love.  Lord for all those that read this I pray for eyes to be opened to see You and Your love for marriage, I pray for You to light a fire for You in each of these hearts, because we know that as we seek You first we will become closer to our spouse, because that is Your desire.  We leave this in Your mighty and willing hands, it's in Your Holy name I pray... Amen

How do we obtain the marriages our hearts crave and long for?  This will be a blog series, and I'm not sure yet how many posts.  As God was revealing this to me this evening, I couldn't write in my notebook fast enough.  Tonight I just want to start by pointing out what the Bible says about marriage, here's what my Bible says about marriage:
Genesis 2:18-24  Marriage is God's idea
Genesis 24:58-60  Commitment is essential to a successful marriage
Genesis 29:10-11  Romance is important
Leviticus 18:22  Marriage is between man and woman
Jeremiah 7:34  Marriage holds times of great joy
Malachi 2:14-15  Marriage creates the best environment for raising children
Matthew 5:32  Unfaithfulness breaks the bond of trust, the foundation of all relationships
Matthew 19:6  Marriage is permanent
Romans 7:2-3  Ideally, only death should dissolve marriage
Ephesians 5:21-33  Marriage is based on the principled practice of love (a verb), not feelings
Ephesians 5:23, 32  Marriage is a living symbol of Christ and the church
Hebrews 13:4  Marriage is good and honorable

Please take the time to read these scriptures, pick one a day and meditate on it... ask God to reveal to You His purpose for your marriage.  Submit to Him and His plans for your marriage and watch as He not only transforms you as a person, but transforms your marriage into one that thrives!  I'm praying for you all and for your marriages.

If you didn't read last night's post (CLICK HERE), please read it, please consider sending in a letter of encouragement to Adam, we know we can't do this journey without all of you!

Adam had a very mellow day today, he had mostly group therapies and participated in them all! I love watching him as he follows the instructions of lifting weights, and exercises.  I am just so proud of how hard he works every day... God has truly made Adam a mighty warrior.  Adam and I were able to have a lot of time together today, and I took advantage of the mellow day and worked with Adam.  He completed a wooden puzzle by himself with no help!  He also practiced writing his name!  I started the A and then just helped him keep the pen on the paper, he did the rest!  Praise the Lord for today's miracles!

2 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

: ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend!! It seems a precious few...even in Christian marriages...walk in the happiness Father desires for them. I remember a friend telling me, "Pray, Lord, change my marriage AND begin with me!!!!". I LOVE praying scriptures over my marriage. After all, it was Father who said, "My word will not return void." I love you and continue to rejoice with you, and trust for you and your sweet family." Marion

Blog Archive