Monday, May 9, 2011

Still Giving Thanks

I have more to say on the marriage topic that I started last week, but it may have to wait till next week before it all comes out.  This week is insanely busy for us... Mackenzie and I get to move into our apartment on Wednesday and I can't wait to finally set up a home!  We have been staying in the corporate unit until our apartment opens up, Mackenzie and I have been sharing a bed for way too long and I am so excited for us both to get our own rooms and our own beds... I can't wait to sleep in my own bed, I haven't slept in my own bed since October, the count down is on!!! 

Adam's agitation has been very severe the last few days and he has become physical with some of the staff as well as myself... he can't help it, it's just part of his injury and this is a normal phase in the healing process.  This too shall pass.  In the meantime I am working with his doctor here to find the right medication that will help with his agitation as well as not have any adverse effects on his progress.  I have consulted with Dr. Chae in Boston to hear what his input will be as well.  Please be praying for decisions that will be made over his medications, Adam is so sensitive to medication changes, so I ask you to please pray for no adverse side effects.  Please pray for Adam's memory to start improving, this will help greatly with his agitation.  

At one point today, Adam was very agitated and worked up... the staff member assigned had a difficult time dealing with him and I was at home trying to eat dinner with Mackenzie when I hear her shouting my name from outside (my screen door was open and she knew where we live).  I came running outside immediately and was able to talk with Adam and get him to calm down.  I love that he knows me and even though he's frustrated and may fight me, he eventually is able to calm down.  Tonight I was just quoting the scripture verses that God has given to me throughout this journey.  I explained to him how far he has come and that God has big and mighty plans for him... I told him that God gave him a voice and words to speak so that he will be able to testify of God's great work, he has allowed Adam to walk again so that he will be able to spread the word that God is still a God who preforms many and great miracles...  I told him that God has made Adam His mighty warrior so that he will be able to touch many lives through the experiences God has given him... I believe God has only just begun a great work in Adam... I'm so excited to see all that He has planned!  When I was done I asked Adam if he wanted to pray and he said yes... we went into prayer and Adam was able to calm down... I was able to get him into bed and washed up and tucked in.  Pray that he will have a peaceful night's sleep tonight... he needs it!

Psalm 75:1 "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds." 

Despite how difficult and exhausting this season may beI am so thankful and grateful for this season of Adam's recovery.  There were many times last year that I prayed to see anything, even if it meant the extreme agitation phase I read so much about.  Any time Adam has been agitated the last week, I have cried out saying "thank you God, thank you... I prayed for this... thank you!"  I am so thankful that healing is still taking place!  Praise the Lord that daily we are seeing His mighty hand at work in Adam.  We are so blessed, and I am so thankful for the progress and healing that has taken place.  What a mighty God we serve and to Him be all the glory.  Psalm 118:21 "I will give you thanks, for you answered me;"

If you didn't read Tuesday's post (CLICK HERE), please read it, please consider sending in a letter of encouragement to Adam, we know we can't do this journey without all of you!  Thank you to those of you who have already sent your letters, we have been so touched by your faithfulness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father is good to have you so close to Adam, and that Adam's therapist was able to call you. It is a wonderous gift that Mackenzie understands about your being called away. Having our own bed is a very nice thing. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive