Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PLEASE HELP US

We need your help once again... As you are aware, the one year anniversary since Adam's accident is approaching way too quickly, I need your help... As I mentioned and shared with you yesterday Adam is in state that he is coming out of the fog he has been in for so long, he is so much more aware of what's going on and that life is not what it once was.  With this he has experienced quite a bit of frustration.  So many of you have been so faithful in sharing with me how our journey has blessed you, but know I plead with you to please send Adam a letter sharing with him specifically how his journey has shaped you, changed you, or even challenged you.  Share with him what God has done for you.  If you have nothing to share, then please send in a word of encouragement for him.

I would like to get all the letters before the one year mark of May 15th.  I want to compile them into a scrapbook and be able to share your words with him so that he's hearing from you all that his journey has purpose.  Please send your letters to the address on the sidebar.  Please, please take the time to share with us.  Please try to keep your letter to an 8.5X11 size so that it will fit into the scrapbook that I have already begun making him, I too am writing him a letter, because his journey has forever changed me.  Please take the time to help us out, the deadline is fast approaching... we thank you all in advance for taking the time to share with us, what a blessing you all are!

Hebrews 10:24-25  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

Thank you advance for the encouragement that you will be sending through your letters. 

Well, we have had another miraculous day, praise the Lord that He is the same God yesterday that He is today!!!  Adam transferred himself from his chair to the therapy mat in the gym and back to his chair, as well as from his chair to the shower chair in the shower and back to his chair... amazing strength!  Amazing! My man is amazing!

Wait there's even more!!!  Lily, Adam's speech therapist put an Excel sheet up on her computer and asked Adam to help her with it... he put in a formula into one of the cells, then appropriately used the keys on keyboard when asked...  Lily asked what he would do if he made a mistake and he went and pushed the backspace button, then asked how he would change tabs and he pushed the tab button... he continued to this for a little while, it was amazing!  My man is amazing!

All day today Adam has been fighting to stand and walk and as long as there was a trained therapist near by he was able to.  He continued to fight for his independence throughout the day and evening, it's amazing to see that he knows he can walk and doesn't belong in a wheelchair, pray for his endurance to increase and for him to be aware of how to be safe when he's walking so that he will be able to walk more soon.  Pray specifically for his right side weakness to resolve itself so that he will be able to be strong enough to walk on his own.  We know through Christ strengthening Adam it will only be a matter of time before he's walking on his own... all things... ALL things are possible through Christ who strengthens us! 

Mackenzie and I were honored tonight to receive an invite to have dinner with all the participants at NeuroRestorative... one of the participants made dinner for everyone and asked us to join him and all the others for dinner.  He is Jamaican and made the most amazing authentic Jamaican food I have ever had!  I told him that next time he made dinner I needed to be invited into the kitchen so that he can teach me to cook Jamaican style!  Yummy! 

It has been an honor to get to know all the other participants and to be included in their journeys as well.  In the two weeks we have been there I have only seen one other family member one time, so since Mackenzie and I are throughout the day every day we have become family to many of the participants... helping them, encouraging them , praying with them, and just being there to listen to them.  It's neat to see how they all encourage and reach out to Adam in return, truly blessings that just go around full circle!  The last couple of days I have been able to participate in all of Adam's group therapy sessions, and yoga classes...  I love that I get to be included as a participant too, as if they see Adam and I as one, because that's just what we are!  I just love my man!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Love reading your posts Amy - so happy that Adam has come so far, what a blessing and answer to prayer!! Will continue to lift your family up in prayer and thoughts. Many blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you can participate in the therapy! I did that with my mom at Wake Rehab for months and I just loved seeing these dear therapist using their training to serve others! It was a beautiful sight!!! We became so close to them. I pray often for each of those whom God has chosen to encourage and guide Adam's rehab training!! Go Adam - you are a champion!! Love, Jan

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts that there aren't more family members for the other participants. My heart rejoices that Father gave you to the others as well while you are there for Adam. I love you and your sweet family. Hugs, Marion YUM, the Jamacian food sounds fabulous.

Blog Archive