Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Please Don't Forget To Send Your Letters

We still need your help to encourage Adam... If you didn't read Tuesday's post (CLICK HERE), please read it, please consider sending in a letter of encouragement to Adam, we know we can't do this journey without all of you!  Thank you to those of you who have already sent your letters, we have been so touched by your faithfulness!

I am very tired this evening and it's been a busy day so this will just be a quick update...

I am so thankful and grateful for Dr. Chae... after consulting with him yesterday he was able to make some suggestions on Adam's medications that will hopefully help with his agitation!  Adam had a great day, his agitation was much less today and he seemed so much more relaxed.  He did great in all his therapies today, I was so proud of him and how hard he worked today.  Lily told me that even during his speech therapy session with her, he was making jokes and easier going.  I love that his personality today really was shinning.  I love that God is a God of restoration and He is restoring Adam and his personality.  I continue to pray Psalm 55:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.  I am amazed that daily I get to see God's strength in Adam, God is truly upholding Adam, because I am amazed by all that Adam endures each and every day and he is so compliant.  That's how all his therapists would describe him, they have all made comments about Adam being compliant... it's only by God upholding Adam.  Praise the Lord that he has given Adam the willing spirit to keep fighting to recover from his brain injury... God is rebuilding Adam and he will be rebuilt!

Mackenzie and I were so excited as we awaited the arrival of my very dear friend Debby Coulter... she will be helping me with my move tomorrow, helping us unpack and settle in... I am so blessed that she would come and do that for us!  I just loved having her company today, and I'm excited to spend a few days with her.

Just wanted to give the heads up that I will most likely be without the internet the next couple of days, so I will update as soon as I am able.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father has given you some amazing Dr.s I am grateful. I am soooo glad your friend is able to be with you. I love you, Marion

Julie said...

Hey Amy & Adam,
This is Julie Hales again. I don't know if you listen to K-Love, so you may or may not know about the competition they have at the moment, to share your story of how you have had to lean on God's strength & possibly win a free concert at your church. Just in case you didn't know about it, you can find out more info on the K-Love website. I just thought it would be a great way to raise funds to help with Adam's journey. Also wanted to let you know that we are still reading & praying! Love, The Hales Family :D

Blog Archive