Monday, May 2, 2011

Mixed Blessings

So I have lightly mentioned over the last week that Adam has entered a new stage in the healing process... it's known as the agitation phase.  I have known that this stage was coming and after being around all different levels of brain injuries over the last 11 months, I can see this stage of agitation as a blessing in spite of how difficult it is to watch Adam go through it.  All this to say, please be praying for Adam, as he becomes more aware with every new stage, he also becomes more aware of some deficits (nothing that can't be overcome, especially when we know God is in control!)... it's just going to take some time to overcome these deficits and relearn some life skills.  Please pray for my man, continue to pray that God will emerge Adam in His peace.  We know the power that prayer has, Adam is living proof that there is such a thing as modern day miracles!  Praise the Lord!  Thank you all for your prayers.

Throughout this journey I have experienced many sleepless nights, and last night was definitely one of those sleepless nights.  I spent the night and wee hours of the morning, laying my heart to God, sharing with Him my fears, my desires, my sadness, my joys... and thanking Him for it all!  Several of my sleepless nights have been intense time with the Lord as if He uses that time to grab hold of my heart, to encourages me, reminding me that this journey is all apart of His plans for us.  God has given me so many sweet promises to hold onto.  After laying it all out and having some intense prayer and tears... I just chose to continue to trust Him.  When I walked in the therapy gym this morning I received a loud and clear message from God... look what the therapy board read...
Can you believe this!  It was like God was saying Himself to me that He is preparing Adam for a great task through this great trial!  He has so gently reminded me of this when I have needed it the most...  Adam is truly God's mighty warrior, and He has equipped Adam for the battles he faces everyday!  Tears filled my eyes as I brought Adam over to see the board and share with him one more time that God has mighty plans for him.  1 Peter 5:10 (ESV) And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.  AMEN!!!!  He is truly worthy of all my adoration, all my praise, all that I have to offer... oh how I love my Savior!

In spite of Adam's agitated day, this morning he had some awesome therapy sessions... in physical therapy he officially walked the farthest yet, not sure what to compare it to so that you would have an idea, so you'll just have to rejoice with me in the farthest walk yet!  When he was half way through Jim, one of the physical therapists) asked Adam if he needed or wanted a break and Adam said no, he wanted to keep walking!  GO ADAM.  When they finished their walk, Jim took Adam into the therapy gym and had Adam lifting weights, Adam lifted quite a bit of weight and from what it looked like, had an incredible workout!  I can't even begin to tell you how strong he is!  He has gained so much muscle in the short 2 weeks we have been here at NeuroRestorative. 

I can't wait to see all that God is going to do to heal Adam from the inside out in our time here.  We know it is God and God alone working in Adam as their is no onsite doctors... God is the only physician working daily with Adam!  To Him be the glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise Him all creatures here below, praise Him above ye heavenly host, PRAISE FATHER, SON, and HOLY GHOST. Yess, we serve a mighty God. He is worthy to be praised. I love you and continue totrust and to rejoice with you, Marion

Blog Archive