Saturday, May 14, 2011

Letters Please (Deadline extended)

We are up and running again on the internet!  Thank you for your patience as we have been in transition and moving. 

As many of you know, tomorrow will mark the 1 year mark since Adam's accident, and I asked you all to help me with a project.  Adam could use some encouragement... If you didn't read the post (CLICK HERE), please read it, please consider sending in a letter of encouragement to Adam, we know we can't do this journey without all of you! Thank you to those of you who have already sent your letters, we have been so touched by your faithfulness!

If you haven't sent in a letter yet, it's okay... it's not too late.  I asked them to be sent by tomorrow, but with my moving this week I am pushing back the deadline to May 30th so that those who haven't been able to write a letter still can make it into Adam's scrapbook.

I am lifting my hands up high and praising Him once again for continuing to rebuild Adam from the inside out... we have been rejoicing in some pretty incredible milestones this week, and I know they are only possible because God has His hands all over Adam.  Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.  He is so worthy of all our praise!

Tonight I am going to just give a quick update on Adam and then tomorrow will fill you all in on Mackenzie and I and the blessings God has continued to pour out on us, as well as what we have been up to in the last week.

In the words of most of the staff here at NeuroRestorative... "Adam has turned a corner!"  He is doing absolutely amazing here.  He is doing so much for himself, it's honestly prayers being answered... please never stop praying for my man, I'm telling you, your prayers are being heard in a mighty way and being answered by a mighty God who continues to show us daily that He is bigger than this brain injury!  Adam's walk is improving everyday, the last several days Adam has walked without his walker and with assistance of only one other person!!!!  We have noticed that he walks better on his own than he does with his walker!  For those of you who are blessed to know Adam, this will not come as a surprise to you... he is and always has been one determined man and this is proving to be an amazing attribute in his journey to recovery. 

My man is amazing... I have witnessed Adam dressing himself this week, I only helped hand him the clothes in a manner that made it easy for him to put on, but he truly dressed himself, including socks and shoes... this is amazing, my man is amazing!  He has also been able to take care of most of his personal hygiene activities with very little or no assistance at all!  He also participated in a field trip to the zoo this week... it's been a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so delighted to read from you again. I love the zoo. What was Adam's favorite animal? yours, and then Mackenzie's? I continue to trust Father for all of you. Marion

Blog Archive