Sunday, May 29, 2011

Holding Onto the Promise That God Never Lets Go

You Never Let Go By: Matthew Redman

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near
And I will fear no evil

For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Ever just hear a song and no matter how many times you hear it, you can't help but be moved to the point of tears?  Every time I hear the song above over the last year, I can't help be moved to tears, knowing the truth of the words.  As this song was sung in worship this morning in church I found myself barely able to sing and just sobbing through this whole song.  Over the last year I am a living testimony that God never lets go, through the calm and through the storm, He has never left... His presence has only continued to get stronger.  In every high and every low, I know He has commanded each and every one of them.  When I reflected on how He has never let go and the true words of this song, the tears would not stop running down my face.  I know that whatever is to come that I am not alone, that God's word tells me that He will never leave me and I continue to hold onto His promises for me and for my family.  There is so much to be thankful for and I will continue to praise God every moment of this journey. 

No matter what you are facing whether it's a high or a low, know that God is with you... praise Him through all your moments, He is so worthy!

I have loved getting back into attending church on a regular basis, Sundays are my favorite day of the week!  Unfortunately Adam was too agitated this morning to attend church with us... so hopefully next week he will be able to return. 

By the time Mackenzie and I returned to NeuroRestorative Adam had calmed down enough to be able to fulfill our plans for the day.  I wanted to take Adam on a mini road trip (a couple hours each way) to see how he would handle being in the car in hopes that a weekend trip home to North Carolina will be a possibility soon.  I also didn't want to do this alone so I purposefully planned it when I knew Dan would be working... however, Dan is agency staff and not a NeuroRestorative staff member and NeuroRestorative has cut all their agency staff so Dan is no longer working at NeuroRestorative... I am crushed and I am trying to do everything I can to get him back at NeuroRestorative.  Dan being the stand up guy that he is knew that I had already made these plans and he wanted to help fulfill them so on his day off he volunteered his time to do a mini road trip with us!  Can you believe that?!!! 

We drove down to West Palm Beach stopped for a bit and came back home... Adam did great!  Not sure we'll make it to North Carolina just yet, but for a short trip he did pretty well!  It sure was fun getting out as a family and creating new memories.

If you could please pray that Dan would be reassigned to Adam... Adam does so amazing with Dan and when Dan has Adam it gives me the piece of mind I need.  It's not just the piece of mind, it's Adam loosing a guy friend... Dan has played one of Adam's favorite games Risk with him, he takes him for walks and hangs out with him like a buddy.  The nights Dan usually works, I tend to step away so that Adam can have a guys night... I would hate to see this end.  Please join me in praying that Dan will be allowed to stay on even though he is a contractor.

 Mackenzie and I
Mackenzie and Dan

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I miss you guys. I can't wait to see you and Adam again...Its going to be amazing when our men get to see each other again...I just remember out last picture of the 4 of us...Cale and Adam didn't even know they were sitting next to each other!! Oh man...God is so good and faithful. Praying for you guys always. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!!! I agree with you in prayer, that Dan will be able to work, make that be there for Adam. How wonderous is our God, that we can bring these requests before Him. :) You know , Amy, there have been times in worship, that I just prayed through a certain song. What better time to pray and have the prayer ascend to heaven. That is one time for sure, satan can't hinder. He flees when Father's children praise Him. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

You and Mackenzie look so darling and happy in this first picture! :) I continue to pray for all of you and I'm excited to see how God will work in the days and months ahead to bring Adam to full healing. He is an awesome God!! Love to all three of you there ~

Love, Sheri in Snohomish :)

Preston said...

I miss you and Adam soooo much! I was moved to tears at hearing that Adam could possibly have lost that friend that he has found in Dan. I pray that he will be able to keep Dan around for as long as is needed and longer! And once again, yay for Adam and things he loves: RISK!!!
God Bless
Preston

Blog Archive