Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Healing With Humor

I can't believe I forgot to mention yesterday that we had another milestone other than the ones I listed... Adam had his last tube removed, his stomach tube was removed yesterday because he is doing so well eating, drinking, and taking his medications!!!  This is huge and very exciting to see him with no external tubes for the first time since his accident.  Praise the Lord and the glory be His for all of Adam's progress!

Adam has loved reading your letters and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write them and send them to him.  Adam is enjoying the letters so much, but he's not the only one, they have ministered to me too.  Thank you.  I can't wait to finish the scrapbook so that it will be permanently in his room.  It's not too late to send your letter in, if you haven't sent one in yet please send the letter via mail to the address on the left of the screen by May 30th so that it will make it in the scrapbook!

It was another busy day for Adam in therapies and he continues to give it his all and work hard.  In speech, Adam counted to 27 without assistance, he was able to name all the days of week without help, and he finally told Lily the correct year for the first time!  Way to go Adam, it's coming and you're doing amazing!  Terri worked with Collum today in occupational therapy (Collum has been working with Adam the last couple of weeks while Lisa has been out), they put Adam on a large exercise ball where Adam did over an hour of exercises and stretches.  I can't believe how awesome his balance is.  At one point, Adam was leaning too far back and Terri asked Adam if he's falling backwards what does he need to do to correct it and Adam told her, I need to come forward and he scooted forward!  This was so great!

Tonight, Stacy and I were hanging out with Adam and he was joking around with us and laughing with us.  It has been such a blessing and an answer to prayer to see his sense of humor start to return.  Everyone of Adam's therapists all say that seeing his sense of humor is an incredible sign of healing!  Praise the Lord for humor, because being able to enjoy it such a gift.  Stacy was able to walk home with Mackenzie while I was able to spend a few moments with Adam by myself... these moment are so rare for us and I cherish each and everyone of them.  During the day all the therapists are around and Adam's day is jammed packed and in the afternoon and evenings Mackenzie is always with us, so tonight after she and Stacy went home I was able to talk with Adam, to play a game with him, and get him ready for bed by myself!  It was wonderful.  After I got him all tucked in and we prayed, he nudged me and told me to go on, he said "go on, you need to go to bed too... go get some rest".  This is the first time he tried taking care of me, what a sweet man I married.  I am so honored to be his wife, I just love my man!

My prayer tonight comes from Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  What an amazing scripture to pray over ourselves... take a moment and pray this over yourself, and then put your hope in Him ALL day, see what God will do when you put your hope in Him, I guarantee you won't be the same!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you. I pray/ trust for every time I open my cupboard door (your payer card is taped inside it). I love you, Marion

Carol Schatz said...

Hi Amy, Just got home from a ten-day trip and read your latest posts. So glad you are in your apartment and that Adam is making such great progress. Would he like a visit from us, strangers that we are? Praying, Carol

Blog Archive