Monday, May 16, 2011

Blessed By Friends

Psalm 27:4  One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

I never want to grow weary of seeking my Lord, being intentional about my relationship with Him.  I want more of Him.  I want to know Him more.  I believe one way that God allows us to know Him more is through our friendships.  It's through our friendships that we can see God's heart, at least this is how I feel about my friends, but I am blessed to have the most incredible friends.

One special friend is not just a friend, she is so much more.  I have had the amazing privilege of being apart of a woman's bible study through my church, that is made up of some incredible ladies who have stood by my side through this whole journey, faithfully walking it with me and my family. Theses ladies have done so much for our family and I am forever blessed to have been apart of such an incredible bible study and group of ladies.  Debby, who leads the study, has also become a mentor and closer to me than a friend... she has always been there for me to listen when I needed, to pass along a hug when needed the most, and through this journey has faithfully written me and Adam encouraging us weekly. 

Debby set the example and taught me what it meant to lead a group.  It's through her example that I was able to carry this over and help lead a high school small group.  I feel honored to know her and to have her apart of my life. 

This last week Debby made the journey down to Florida from North Carolina to help me move in and unpack my apartment... I don't know how I could have ever be able to get it done if it weren't for her and her husband Glen who also helped do all the guy things, like hanging pictures, and setting up all the electronic things. I will never be able to thank Glen and Debby enough for all that they have done for my family... I love them so much.  Debby stopped by today on her way back to North Carolina... it was a tearful goodbye, I can't wait till we are reunited again. 
Glen, me, and Debby

Glen, Mackenzie, and Debby
Debby and I

As I mentioned a couple of days ago I would update you all on what's been going on, really Debby and I worked hard at unpacking and getting settled for most of the week.  We were also blessed to have had another good family friend come visit.  Bill LaPiana was down here in Florida on business and was able to pop in for a visit!  Bill was out at the track with us, riding with Adam the day of his accident, Bill helped Adam stay alive until the paramedics got there.  We haven't seen Bill since we left North Carolina back in October, so it was so great to see him and to listen to Adam carry on a conversation with Bill.  Bill, Mackenzie, Adam, and I played a game of Monopoly.  It was so much fun getting to see him and for him to see how far Adam has come!
Bill, Mackenzie, and I

Many of you know my dear friend Stacy, I have mentioned her countless times and I'm sure you've seen her picture on my blog too... she is coming into town tomorrow and staying with me for a week.  I can't wait to see her and spend a week with her.  Stacy is married to Adam's best friend Scott and before Adam's accident Scott left for Iraq to do some civilian work and he's been over there since April of last year... but before that, the 5 us could be found regularly together on the weekends.   I look forward to the day the 5 of us will all be reunited again, for good!  I truly do have the most amazing friends ever.

As for Adam's day today, he was better than yesterday... a tad less agitated today.  It's amazing to see so much breakthrough with him.  To minimize distractions I don't watch too many of Adam's therapy sessions, especially speech...  so when he came out of speech today, Lily came up to me and told me it was the best speech session ever!  She said that he named all his body parts when she asked him, and he didn't need any help.  She said that he did a stack of flash cards with 80% accuracy!  He communicated all his needs and continued to keep his sense of humor throughout their session.  He also walked again today with the assistance of Jim and no walker, his walk is getting stronger and stronger every day and he looks so natural walking.  I love getting up next to him when he's standing towering over me, he wraps his arms around me, hugs me, kisses my forehead and says "I love you".  I love my man!  These are moments I will forever cherish and never once take for granted, I am one blessed girl! 

3 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

Debby rocks! And so does Adam! Praise God.

Anonymous said...

Friends are a true gift from God. I am glad to get to know afew of yours. I truat you and your friend Stacie have some fantastic memories made...some for just thje two of you. I love you, Marion

Wanda said...

So glad you and Debby got to spend some time together! I love the pictures. I miss you both!

Blog Archive