Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Love

Psalm 118:24  The LORD has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.

Today was a day of reflecting on how blessed I am!  A year ago today I celebrated my birthday in the ICU at UNC and today I was able to celebrate my birthday with my man and my girl!  What a blessing this was!  I loved every minute of my day today!

Mackenzie and I started our morning by joining Adam on a bowling trip.  Adam went bowling with a couple other participants and a couple therapists.  He really enjoyed himself and had such a great time.  Mackenzie and I had a blast just watching him bowl.  When we returned NeuroRestorative had a cookout for all the participants, Mackenzie and I were able to join them in their cookout and after that we joined in on games and hanging out.  Towards the end of the evening Mackenzie surprised me when Adam, myself, some participants, and staff members were all sitting outside and she brought over a present she had for me as well as a present she worked with Adam on that he gave me.  Then they all sang me happy birthday, it was so sweet!  Adam has always made a big deal out of my birthdays it was so sweet to once again see Mackenzie help him out to make the day special!

Thank you to so many of you for the birthday wishes they meant so much! I have so much to be thankful for.  Today I am rejoicing and glad in today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sweet Friend, Happy Birthday. I am so happy you were aboe to have such a fun time with yur family. Much love, Marion

Wanda said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had such a wonderful day. Hope it extends for the entire week ;)

Blog Archive