Saturday, May 7, 2011

Being Flexible

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers today as we geared up for our Kentucky Derby party.  I have learned over the last 12 months, that nothing about brain injuries is predictable.  So even though we planned a party... if the injured persons aren't up for it, you just go with the flow.  We weren't able to do the craft planned because too many of the participants just weren't up for it... but we did enjoy a great dinner, and just about everyone picked a horse they wanted to win as well as cheered for their horse as we watched the races.  In the end it seemed as though everyone enjoyed themselves and we all had a story to tell about our favorite horse!  None of us picked the winning horse, we all got a good laugh out that.  (I know I will probably get asked, so I will just write this in advance... I am not allowed to post pictures of the events here since so many of them are unable to give proper consent for me to do so and no family members are present for me to ask.)

Mackenzie had her first playdate in a very long time today... it's been so long since she has had a day of fun with friends her age... I was just so happy for her!  I am rejoicing that she was able to get out and be a kid for a day!  It was nice for the both of us to get a little break from eachother... such a blessing.  Thank you all for praying for her to make friends, your prayers are being answered! 

I read this today and just love it so I want to share it with you all:
"The Greeks had a race in their Olympic games that was unique. The winner was not the runner who finished first. It was the runner who finished with his torch still lit. I want to run all the way with the flame of my torch still lit for Him."   J. Stowell.  Just a really neat thought to ponder... my prayer is that the flame ignited in me will never fade... even in moments of discouragement and hardship, may the flame only be brighter for Him knowing that He is refining me to be more like Him... that is my prayer tonight.  1 Corinthians 15:57  But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to finish my race, and finish it well. I love you and and I too, am happy Mackenzie found a friend. That friend has a jewel in Mackenzie. Marion

Blog Archive