Friday, April 29, 2011

We Are All Royalty

So many people made a rather large deal out of the royal wedding that took place today, at first I was a little annoyed thinking to myself, my goodness cities have been wiped off the map recently in our own country and the only thing being discussed was this wedding.  I'm not going to lie, this really upset me... but as I was pondering the thought of the huge ordeal surrounding this wedding I started to ponder that I too am royalty.  Royalty to the Almighty King of kings, and the huge ordeal that took place today was nothing in comparison to the parties and celebrations that take place when we give our lives to proclaim that our Savior is Lord of lords, and King of kings. 

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.  What an incredible thought of the royal celebration that took place the day that I gave my life to my first love, my Savior... and oh how I can't wait till the day when He calls me home to be able to see the celebration first hand.  Until then I pray that I will be obedient to His calling on my life as His servant.

One thing I am celebrating that came from the royal wedding today is the Word of God being read on national TV for billions of people to hear it... and praise God that the scripture read was Romans 12... I love this chapter.  During my six weeks of stillness before Adam's accident this was the chapter I was meditating on.  Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12:9-10 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love.  Romans 12:11 keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  This is a great chapter to meditate on, I urge you all to spend some time reflecting on this chapter and asking God to transform you through the renewing of your mind, believe me... He will!

Adam had another great day here.  He had a full day of therapies from 10:00-5:30pm.  I was amazed to see him participate in every moment of his day. He was so active today.  He walked the longest walk yet today in physical therapy and told me he wasn't sure why he had this chair (meaning his wheelchair), he could walk just fine.  I love that he works so hard!  There will be a day soon that he won't need his chair all the time, but for now it helps keep him safe until he is able to build the endurance, and balance to walk longer distances.   One of my favorite moments today was watching Adam participate in the physical therapy group session, they incorporated dance moves with lifting weights (similar to aerobics), he did amazing and really got into it, he got his groove on!

This evening we brought Adam over again for dinner and after dinner I gave him a computer programming book (for those of you who don't know, Adam loves to program, he did it for a living, but it's always been his favorite hobby).  We know for sure that Adam can read, he started reading in speech therapy this week, and tonight he was reading his book.  He took his feet off his foot rests and reclined them on the couch, eating a Popsicle while reading his book, he looked so natural... it was so awesome to watch.  When I asked what he was reading, he told me I'm reading C Sharp (this is the computer language he most likes to program in).  GO ADAM!!!  I am so proud of my man!

My favorite moment from the day... at the end of the day all the participants gather and have a reflection time on their day.  Adam told the group that he was most thankful for his family, he looked at Mackenzie and I and said, I love you both!  Words will never express how much I love that man, with every passing moment my love for him grows deeper and deeper.  I praise God for giving me my own prince,  Adam is worthy every ounce of honor and respect I have... and I know how much my prince loves me... he shows me everyday by working so hard to recover from his brain injury. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Friend, It was good to hear how well Adam is doing. I rejoice in the snatches of HOME that Father gives you, Adam, and Mackenzie. This just the beginning of what is to come. You know, I was thinking about what you said about the "Royal Wedding". When people forget to pray, or help in whatever way possible, those whom disaster has struck, I too am irratated. Yet, Father had this wedding planned for just this time. Sometimes when so much "disaster, or hardship" is going on, it is good to have a joyous event to think about. I love you and continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. BIG HUGS, Marion

Preston said...

Tell the MAN to keep up with that programming stuff, cause I've been learning some C++ myself, and I know he doesn't want the student to surpass the teacher ;)
God Bless you guys!

Blog Archive