Sunday, April 10, 2011

Surgeries: Adam 13, Amy 1 (I think we're done)

Where do I begin to thank you all for your prayers, cards, text messages, facebook messages, and for all you sweet comment postings.

Surgery went well, it was more complicated than my surgeon, Dr.Bono, originally thought it would.  My disc in my spine that sits between, my L5 and S1was extremely large and had crushed all the nerves in that nerve root area.  He said he couldn't believe that I was standing, walking, and able to talk through my pain prior to surgery... once again, God is bigger! 

Surgery ended Friday afternoon, and by Friday night I was up and walking, praise the Lord.  I was discharged yesterday (Saturday) after the hospital physical  therapist cleared me for walking and climbing stairs.  I went home for a couple of hours to rest, then I called Adam to check on him and he told me he really needed to see me.  He was talking to me on his mom's phone, and when I had to go, he wouldn't give his mom her phone back, because he didn't want to miss me.  Early evening I went to Spaulding to check on Adam and to tell him in person, that I was okay, and that I was so proud of him, and so blessed have a husband that fights for me everyday.

Cookie (Adam's mom) spent the last couple of days with Adam which gave me so much peace knowing someone was there for him and this comfort has allowed me to get the rest that I needed. 

Katherine, Mackenzie's friend Savannah's mom, has had Mackenzie the last few days, which I am so grateful for, she has been able to be a kid... and it has allowed my mom and I time together.  I don't know what I would have done without her, she has been amazing at taking care of me and helping me all the things that need get done before next Monday.    I am so blessed that she is here and doing so much for me.

Please continue to pray for Adam's FULL recovery, please also continue to pray for me, I am in a lot of pain and will be for the next few days.  Thank you all for your prayers and support, we feel them daily as God wraps us in His everlasting love, and gives us peace that surpasses all understanding.  Thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father is truly a miracle working God. I am so grateful for how your surgery went. I, too am grateful for Adam recognizing his need of you. Once again, I am grateful for how Mackenzie is being provided for. I love you guys and continue to trust Father for each of you. Hugs, Marion Please say hello to your mom for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy ~ You've been on my heart and in my prayers the last few days ... praise God your surgery went well! I will continue to pray you through your next move to Florida ~ and always for Adam's full recovery. Hang in there, dear one.

Lovingly, Sheri Halberg

Anonymous said...

Thank you Father for your healing for Amy - full healing for her and Full healing for your amazing servant, Adam !
We thank you for a happy safe place of Mackenzie over this weekend! We thank you for her amazing ability to trust you and cope with so many changes. WE praise you for good fruit in her life as she is learning at such a young age to praise and trust You in all things!! Thank you Father for the " new family of doctors, nurses, therapists, friends....in FLorida" that will help serve the Root family. Please supply all they need for this move to go easily. In Jesus's powerful name Amen.

Hannah Joy said...

My dear Amy. I praise the Lord for his healing hand upon you during the surgery and now. May you continue to get stronger each and everyday. It has been so hard not to jump on a plane and come help take care of you and the family. Praying seems like such a small thing to do but I personally know that it is the biggest gift of all. Still it is hard to not be there. We will continue to pray over every big and small detail in the move. If there is anything else you need please do not hesitate to ask. We love you so much. Autumn

Blog Archive