Thursday, April 7, 2011

Praising God For Who He Is

I had a few precious moments with Adam to ourselves today, literally, only moments... in those moments I was reminding him that God is going before him every step of the way, He is paving the path to this incredible journey we are on.  Then later I was listening to Chris Tomlin's song Glory In The Highest, and the first line of the song is "You are the first, You go before"  I was so grateful for this reminder for myself today, He does go before us in all things, and as tomorrow is approaching quickly, I am praising Him that He has gone ahead and made the way.  As the busy, stressful day is coming to an end, I was just recently able to grab a few moments with my first love, my Savior.  My heart is so full of praise and thanksgiving for all that He is, and that He is who He says He is.  I am so thankful that He is stretching both Adam and I to new heights in our faith and new depths in our love.  I just praise my sweet Jesus tonight for the tangible, intimate way that I have been able to know Him.  Praise God that He is who He says He is, that He never leaves us, that He loves us with an everlasting love, that He is the author and perfecter of our faith, He has plans for us, that He has begun a good work in us, Praise God that He goes before us.  I just love my God, what a mighty and able God I serve.

Last night I shared Matthew 11:28, tonight, Matthew 11:29-39 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”   His yoke is easy, ask Him to show you... and He will.  Worship Him, Praise Him, and give Him all the glory, because He is worthy of all our worship, all our praise, and to Him be all the glory.  Be obedient, we need to take His yoke, and learn from it.  I pray that I will be gentle and humble, I pray for God to rid me of my pride, and draw me ever so close to Him.

I thought my day was busy... Adam had a crazy busy day.  He started his day in brace clinic, they adjusted his brace that they had made for him a few weeks ago, and Adam is doing amazing with with walking.   In physical therapy, he spent most of the time in brace clinic and walking with assistance of Anne and Heather (Anne's student), but no walker!!!  AMAZING!!!  Anne said it's getting so easy to walk with him because he is doing so much more! 

Adam basically had two speech therapy sessions today, he had his normal one with Brooke and Meredith, and then he had the one with neuro rounds today.  The rounds went great!   I was so shocked when we walked in and there were 40-50 people in the room, I instantly just started to pray for Adam.  He gets distracted so easily, but he did amazing!  Brooke walked Adam through a normal session they would have and the Speech pathologist doctor from Massachusetts General Hospital came to observe and offer his expertise (which we should get on Monday what suggestions he has to help improve Adam's speech).  I was so impressed to see that Adam did so great, especially with that many people in the room to watch him.  Go Adam!!!

In occupational therapy today, Eri decided to have Adam walk with her and her assistant Jillian from his room to the gym which is from one end of the to the other.  It was amazing!  Adam is so strong, and with every step he is getting stronger and gaining more confidence.  At one point when we were passing the nurses station, and there were so many people cheering him on, he started to walk faster... with so much encouragement, it made him want to keep going and go faster, it was so awesome!!!  GO ADAM.  I just love my man and how hard he works.  He never will cease to amaze me. 

Tonight when I was leaving and saying my goodbye, I reminded Adam he won't see me till Sunday since I won't be discharged till Saturday... I said to him, how much I love him and he said "I know".  I love that he knows how much I love him, and I love that without words I know how much he loves me... he shows me everyday just by how hard he fights.  I just love him. 

Tonight Spaulding blessed us with tickets to the circus, so my mom, Adam's mom Cookie, Mackenzie, and I all went to the Big Apple Circus.  I haven't been to the circus since I was probably 6 years old.  It was nice to be able to spend some time with Cookie... she just arrived today and leaves on Sunday so I won't get to see her too much.  It was also nice to spend some time wtih Mackenzie, who is rejoicing in the fact that her project is done and turned in!  If she gets it back before we leave for Florida I will try to post a picture.   I could tell tonight she was thinking about tomorrow and seems a little worried, I assured her there is nothing to worry about, I reminded her of how much we have to be thankful for and I prayed that God would fill her with a heart that is overflowing with praises for Him.  I also reminded her that God's word tells us not to worry, but to take everything to prayer, so, I pray that Mackenzie will be able to understand this concept and put it into practice. Please pray for Mackenzie tomorrow, she is having a difficult time with my surgery... but she is also going to be with her friend Savannah for a sleepover, so pray that she will enjoy herself and to have fun and not to worry.

I will have someone update my blog tomorrow if I am unable.  Either my mom or my sister will, but I will do my best to keep all my faithful prayer warriors up to date.  After tomorrow, I probably won't update again till Monday depending on how I feel.  Thank you all for your prayers, I have so much peace tonight and I know so many of you are praying that for me... thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. I am so thankful Father is the center of your life. He is in this surgury, guiding the surgeons hands. I picture Father's hand on the surgeons guiding the cutting, then the stitching up, the the healing. Please remember, you are important too, and a most wonderous gift to give Adam and Mackenzie, is to take care of yourself. They need you fully restored. I look forward to seeing Mackenzie's project should it be returned on time. You are a precious friend. I look forward to heaven. We have a few thousand years of talking to do. :) :) Marion

Blog Archive