Monday, April 11, 2011

On The Mend

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop since you all have been my faithful prayer warriors...  Last week Adam participated in a clinical drug trial, where one day he was given a fake medication and the other day he was given the actual drug itself.  They don't tell you which day is which, they just ask you to document everything you notice and perform an exam of Adam's command following every hour for 3 hours.  If Adam were to have a positive reaction, then we get invited into phase 2, which is exactly the same as phase 1 other than a nurse practitioner preforms the exam and not myself.  Today we found out that Adam was invited to phase 2 of this drug trial!  This is awesome, the drug did it's job to stimulate Adam more to initiate responses.  We are so grateful that he will get to participate in phase 2!

Adam had a great day, I didn't get to see his therapies, because the therapists are training my mom how to transfer Adam so that when we fly to Orlando she can do all his transfers since she was planning on flying with us anyway as well as it saves us a ton of money because we don't have to hire a nurse to fly with us.  So to minimize distractions just my mom went to his therapies today.  She is doing great and Adam told her he trusted her!  I was at the hospital with my mom, so that I could see Adam for a bit as well as get up and walk around which helps with my healing process.  It was a good day, both Eri (OT) and Anne (PT) worked with transfers and walking with Adam, as well as climbing stairs.  He is so strong and everyday I can see his strength and endurance increase.  Please keep praying for his strength and endurance to grow by the minute!

It was nice having Adam's mom here for the weekend, she was with Adam while I was able to get some rest.  It's been great to be back on my feet the last couple of days so that I can come in for a bit and take care of my man. The doctor encouraged me to be up and walking as much as I can tolerate it, it will help with a speedy recovery, and my mom has done a great job of being able to read me and know when I need to rest.  It's been so wonderful having my mom here, she has been amazing and I don't know what I would do without her, I need to start calling wonder woman, because she has certainly did it all.  We are organized and ready for our transfer next Monday, I can hardly believe it's here already!  Having my mom here and some really good friends here that I have met along the way, all helping me I have been able to rest when needed, and I haven't pushed myself once.  I am so grateful to the many helping hands we have had throughout this journey.  I pray that you all will be blessed many times over. 

The last few days I have reflected on all the things I am so grateful for, that God has caught every tear I have cried and has used each one for His glory.  I stand in awe of Him and all that I have to be thankful for.  I have started to update my list of all the things I am grateful for.  Maybe I will share it later, but for now I continue to reflect on all of our blessings... my soul is so content in my circumstances, because I am surrounded by His joy and peace.  What sweet peace it is.

I have been able to rest in the arms of my Savior the last several days, it has been amazing.  Psalm 62:1-2  My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.  I love that He has given me so much peace, so that I am able to rest in Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Blessed Girl!! I rejoice with you in how youlare feeling, how Adam is doing and how your mom is being...mom. I look forward to you being in your new place in Florida. Say, did Mackenzie get her project back in time for a picture? I love you and continue to trust Father for you all. Marion

Blog Archive