Tuesday, April 5, 2011

His Grace and Mercy Give Us Hope

This morning as I was driving into my appointment, I was listening to a preacher describe the difference between grace and mercy and I just loved it so much I can't wait to share it...  Mercy, is NOT being given what we deserve, and Grace, is being given what  we don't deserve.  Don't you just love that!  Praise God for His mercy and His grace!  It is through His grace that he teaches us how to live upright lives, and gives us blessed hope... it's by His mercy that we are forgiven, forgiven of our sins and given living hope... His grace and mercy lead to hope.  Can you truly have real hope without knowing the powerful gifts God gives us in grace and mercy?  Not true hope, I know true hope only comes from knowing my God and being the unworthy recipient of His grace and mercy... when we are spared through his mercy, and loved unconditionaly through His grace, how can we not have hope for whatever it is our journeys hold.

Titus 2:11-13  For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.  It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ

1 Peter 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you

Today was  a very busy day, actually this whole week has been an extremely busy week.  Trying to get everything ready to go for Florida before surgery on Friday, and Adam's days are always busy and keep me as equally busy.  I had my preoperative appointment today, 3 hours of blood tests, and a thousand questions.  I tried to convince my doctor to schedule me as outpatient surgery and his response was "Amy, I'm operating on your spine, you'll be staying overnight so I can keep my eye on you."  Oh well, it was worth a try... I really don't want to stay the night, I just want to get this over with.  Friday will be here before I knoww it, but until then I have SO much to do and get done for our upcoming move.  Please pray for the "to-do" list to dwindle down.

Adam had a great day today!  He finished day to of phase 1 of the clinical trial.  We're not sure if he will be participating in phase 2, only time will tell.  He did great tonight, it's a lot of work, between paperwork and administering the 30 minute long tests he had to take... I think we're both exhausted tonight.  Adam was chatting up a storm this evening.  Below our my favorite conversations from the day...

Out of the blue today, Adam turns to be and says, "I feel so blessed"  I didn't ask him any questions, I just pondered how blessed we really are.  I love that he so openly communicated that to me today!

Another conversation from today:

Amy:  Adam, what is my name?
Adam:  (takes a long pause to think) I don't remember
Amy:  It begins with the letter A
Adam:  Amazing?
I just chuckled when he said this, it just blessed me so much.  Eventually he did get my name right later on, but this was so sweet.  I love my man

Adam had such a good day, in speech he answered 10 out of 10 questions with 80% accuracy!  He's amazing!  Anne had Adam doing all kinds of stuff today.  She worked with Adam on going up and down the stairs, specifically because he has to be able to get on and off the plane that will be transporting us to Florida.  Then they worked on a few transfers and still managed to squeeze in a walk without any walkers!  Just side by side assistance from Anne and her student Heather!  He did amazing, I can truly see his strength improve every day!  He is amazing, GO ADAM!!!  In occupational therapy, Eri worked with Adam on transfers as well as walking since he is doing so awesome walking, she was able to walk with him too!  What a great day!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE the new nickname of Amazing for you it totally fits!

Anonymous said...

Sweet "Amazing" Amy!!! I love you and FAther has you firmly planted in my heart. I am excited for your move and extremely grateful Father has your mom there to help you with everything. Yes, there is a long to-do list, BUT the biggest DO is getting yourself in shape for the move and the care of Adam, not to mention Mackenzie. If your surgury post-op don't go well...well, their care won't be your care. Father knows what needs to be done for the move, including paperwork and whatever else along that line. For some reason He's scheduled your surgury at this time. Maybe He has a reason for that...uh, make that He had it planned before He made anything. My friend, please forgive me, if I have spoken out of turn. I truly love you, YES Adam is important, BUT SO ARE YOU. Trusting Father for you all, Marion

Blog Archive