Saturday, April 16, 2011

Here I Am Lord

These days in my quiet time I have been camping out in Isaiah and all throughout it.  I have been meditating on the early chapters of Isaiah and oh how my heart sunk when I found that I can relate all too well to the Israelites as they took life on for themselves and God tried so many ways to get their attention.  How many times has God tried to get my attention and I haven't listened, how I pray that I will be obedient to God's calling and His voice before it's too late. 

Isaiah 6 1-10 I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.  And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”
 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.” Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
 He said, “Go and tell this people:
“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’ Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”

How many times have I heard and not followed the first time, how many times have I seen an opportunity to share of Christ's love and didn't... how I pray that I will be obedient when the Lord is calling me to serve Him.  Here I am Lord.  I love that his grace and mercy are always there to catch us when we fall, but how I want to just be obedient to His first call. Lord, let me hear you, make me obedient to your voice.  Here I am Lord, use me, continue to use me as your vessel.

Adam started phase 2 of the clinical drug trial that I spoke about last week.  Today we are pretty sure he received the placebo (fake drug).  Not much change was seen in him.  This time in phase 2 instead of me giving Adam the test every hour for 3 hours, a research anaylsist gives the test.  Adam did really well, but I am excited to see what tomorrow will bring with day 2 of phase 2.  Tonight I wasn't at the hospital, but my really good friend (or as I like to call her, my angel) Lisa was with Adam tonight.  I was able to talk to him on the phone, it was the loudest, clearest I have ever heard Adam speak.  We had a full conversation back and forth for quite some time.  It was so awesome to get the chance to talk to him on the phone and hear his voice.  Lisa also took the foot rests off Adam's wheelchair and walked with him up and down the hall as Adam walked himself in the chair... she sent me a picture it was so cool to see how hard he is working!

Today has been a good day, I was able to spend some good time with my mom and Mackenzie as we prepare for our next transition.  Please pray for Mackenzie as she has come down with a head cold and is not feeling well.  Pray that she doesn't share this head cold and pray that it eases by Monday.  Thank you for your prayers.  Also be praying for us as we are having to say many goodbyes to great connections we have made up here.  Goodbyes are never easy, and thankfully in the kingdom are never final! I have amazing brothers and sisters in Christ!  Praise God that the body of Christ is everywhere, all around us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Isaiah. I have three more weeks before my BSF bible study is finished. I don't want to see it end. :) The passage you mentioned was one of my favorite in the study. Amy, I am proud of you, that you were able to take care of yourself when your whole being is crying out to be with your husband. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive