Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!!

I love Easter, Easter is my favorite holiday to celebrate.   I love celebrating that death has no sting, no grip on me, because He gave His life for me, He loves me so much that He wants to spend eternity with me... how awesome is that!  I love my Jesus!

One of my favorite worship songs is "In Christ Alone" and today Mackenzie and I went to church and that song was played... read the lyrics and just let them sink in for a moment.

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

Praise the Lord, that there is no guilt in life, no fear in death because of Christ in me... He only resides in me because He gave His life for me... that's worth celebrating every moment of every day not just Easter.  As I mentioned above, Mackenzie and I made it to church this morning!!!! First time in many, many months!!!  Oh how I love to worship my sweet Jesus and hear His word preached!  One of my favorite passages was read today, Acts 17:24-31... Paul is witnessing to the people of Athens, and I love how simple and sweet his message is.
 
Acts 17:24-31 
“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.  From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.  ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’
“Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill.  In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.  For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

What a mighty God I serve.  When I read this passage, it makes me want to share with anyone around me how awesome and mighty He is. 

At church this morning Mackenzie and I were invited to lunch with a very sweet couple, Larry and Carol Schatz.  It was so nice to spend Easter with someone and to get to know them.  I know I have mentioned this so many times, but I just love that the body of Christ is all around us, no matter where we go.  It's really a tangible example that God never leaves us and is always with us... He sends His people to be there for us as well.  Last Easter we spent it with our small group in North Carolina, and this morning I was wishing I was back home in North Carolina to spend it with everyone and I just love how God sent Larry and Carol to us today to spend time with us, what a blessing.

The day just kept getting better, after lunch, Mackenzie and I headed over to Adam.  I checked Adam out and brought him to our apartment... we spent the afternoon dying Easter eggs and hanging out as a family!  It was incredible!  This was such a special afternoon.  He helped me prepare dinner too!  I can't even begin to explain how awesome Adam is doing since we moved, his voice is so loud and strong!  He's communicating a lot better and even beginning to initiate conversations!  He dresses himself, He for the most part gets from his bed into his chair with very little assistance.  He's getting stronger everyday!  It's truly by the grace of God and His unfailing love for us that Adam is where he is today, we have so much to praise Him for... for all the glory is His and His alone! Holding onto His promises and praising Him for His miracles!  Happy Easter!

 Mackenzie dying Easter eggs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Cool is that!?!?!! Adam can come to your apartment. YAY!! I love you guys and rejoice with you in ALL Father has done for you, is doing for you, and will do for you. Marion

Doug Mortensen said...

Amy, it sounds like Florida is working out well for your entire family. Great to hear that you found some new friends at church!

It is so amazing to hear of Adam's progress. As we have believed from the start, God is at work. I am excited to see what He has in store for Adam, you, and Mackenzie.

As always, my prayers are with you.

Doug

Blog Archive