Thursday, April 14, 2011

God Is Still In Control and Still Reigning In My Life

Sorry for no post yesterday, it was a much needed day of rest and recovery for me.  I haven't quite bounced back from this surgery as quickly as I would have liked to.  Thank you for all your prayers.

Today has been a day of blessings.  I am so touched by my community of family we have back in North Carolina.  I am amazed at you all and your faithfulness to meet our family's needs.  Thank you for what you have done.  Airlifting Adam to Orlando has not been an easy task and insurance is not covering any part of the transportation, several friends got together and helped ease the financial stress that this has been.  Thank you really just doesn't seem like enough to say.  God will repay what I cannot, thank you!

On top of that blessing my friend Chistie, that I met through Dr. Chae, came by today and cleaned Adam's teeth for me.  Christie is a dentist and took time from her day to give Adam a proper teeth cleaning, praise the Lord for this!  I was really glad to hear that his teeth didn't look nearly as bad as she thought they might have since he's been in the hospital for 11 months.  Praise the Lord!  Thank you Christie, you are a blessing.
Me & Christie

Today has been a busy day, it started with my doctor's appointment to get my staples in my back removed... not as bad as I anticipated!  Then it was off to the airport to drop off our cat, I am so jealous, he's heading back to North Carolina.  Not bringing him to Florida just yet.  Then it was off to the post office to mail off most of our boxes and then off to the hospital.  Busy, busy, busy... it was so great to see my man today!  He kept kissing me every time I would get close enough to him.  He would just kiss my over and over again on my head as I laid my head on his chest.  He was so sweet and tender.  He told me he loved me without me saying it first!  He loves me!!!  I know he does, just by how hard I see him work everyday, he tells me he loves me without ever having to say a word, but it was so great to have him initiated the "I love you". 

In therapies today, Adam started his day with occupational therapy, Eri, showered Adam and they worked on all his grooming tasks, he was able to do most of the work himself only needing a little assistance!  Then he had speech with Brooke, where he played tic tac toe on the ipad, he played a full game correctly and he answered 10 out of 10 "yes, no" questions and got 8 of them correct!!!!  GO ADAM!!!  In physical therapy Anne continued to work with Adam on the stairs, this is extremely important because he has to be able to climb up 4 stairs to enter the aircraft that he is going in on Monday.  This is a huge prayer request, that Adam will have no troubles with the going up or down the stairs on Monday. Please pray for his safety as well. My mom has been going through the training to assist him in going up and down the stairs, and I know he is trusting her, they seem to work well together.


One thing's for sure, I have had to learn to take a step back and really give God all control of everything going on in my life right now, which is a lot and very hard to do. I have been praying that I will be obedient to hand everything over to Him. It's not for me to control, it's for Him to direct. This is a daily practice of letting go and letting God. Psalm 93:1-2 The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure. Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are well enough to blog. I am grateful Adam is doing so well. I am thankful your mom is with you. Just the little I spoke with her, I could tell she was special. I have missed seeing Mackenzie's project. I know it was wonderful. I love you and continue to trust Father for you all. Marion

Blog Archive