Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finding Rest In God

Yay!!! My mom is here!!!  It was so comforting to see her.  So tonight, I am not going to write much so I can just be with my mom and Mackenzie.

Adam had a good day today and I will update more tomorrow.  Please pray for Adam tomorrow at 12:00pm EST time.  He was chosen specifically for speech neruo rounds tomorrow.  A team looks at Adam's scans from the day of his accident.  Then they look at his most current scans and do an evaluation of him.  Pray that he won't get overwhelmed and will be able to follow all the commands that he is asked.  This team will hopefully help offer suggestions as to ways speech therapy can work with Adam.   I will update tomorrow.

In Adam's room one of the verses hanging on his wall is Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  When I am wiped out after a long day, I close my eyes and picture God calling me to His lap "Come to me" and I lay my head against and rest... tonight, I am so tired... I am resting in his lap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my moments when I close my eyes and imagine myself climbing in Papa God's lap. I am glad your mom is there. Please give her greeting for me. Much love, Marion

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you today and especially tomorrow that the Dr will have God's hand upon him as he works on your back. I am so impressed with the person you are and would love to be as strong as you are. Your post reminded me of the Nicole C Mullen song Come unto me. I love the part that says "yet meek enough to take me as I am" How awesome is that! He takes us no matter what we have done. Below are the lyrics:
Are you looking for someone to be gentle
With your broken heart your shattered dreams
And are you searching for someone who'll be faithful
To you no matter what life brings
Well I know the maker of the storm the sunrise
He is both the lion and the lamb
He is strong enough to shake all earth and heaven
Yet meek enough to take me as I am.

He says come unto me
All who are weary
And I will give you rest
Bring what hurts
Bring your scars
Bring the load that you carry
And I will give you rest

Are the clouds above your head oh so heavy
Bursting with showers of despair
And do you struggle under more then you can carry
Has life given more then you can bear
And would you like to trade your failures in for victories
Like piles of ashes in for piles of gold
And can you fall down like a child who is helpless
So he can pick you up and make you whole

He says come unto me
All who are weary
And I will give you rest
Bring what hurts
Bring your scars
Bring the load that you carry
And I will give you

la la la la la la
la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la
la la la la la la

Come---
All who are weary
And I will give you rest
Bring what hurts
Bring your scars
Bring the load that you carry
And I will give you

Come---
All who are weary
Come---
All who are weary
He says come!


Beth Brobst

Wanda said...

Praying for your procedure tomorrow, for wisdom and guidance for the doctors and the medical staff, for a speedy recovery, for a wonderful visit with your mom and mother-in-law, for a smooth transition to Florida, for a friend for Mackenzie, and for Adam's speech neuro rounds today.

HCJH Lees said...

Wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the speech therapy rounds for Adam went well. Also, praying for you as you have surgery.
Christy

Blog Archive