Friday, April 15, 2011

Crazy, Busy Day

Today was an extremely busy day and I am exhausted.  From final packing and sending boxes, discharge meetings at Spaulding, Mackenzie's last day of school here in Massachusetts, and my car is officially on it's way to Orlando.  On top of all this, I should still be taking it easy and resting, but who has the time.

Thank you all for your consistent prayers, I can feel them surrounding us.  I couldn't sleep last night, I started to think too much about things that out of my control and things, I realized after a nice pep talk talk from my mom, that we are often attacked when we are taking time to rest and be still.  God's word tells us we need to be aware and alert of such attacks.  1 Peter 5:8-9  Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.   Tonight I am standing firm in the faith!  I just loved that my mom was here and equipped to handle my moment of breakdown and needing to be encouraged to stand firm.

Your prayers are unbelievable, as my day continued I was carried by His peace.  And on top of that, Adam climbed the stairs the best yet!!!!  He and my mom are going to do just fine on Monday to board the plane, please be praying for our travels on Monday, specifically for Adam to not be overwhelmed or over stimulated, but to handle everything just fine.

Here are a few pictures from the day, I wasn't able to get pictures of everyone today at Spaulding, but the ones that meant a lot to me I was able to grab!

 Heather (Anne's Student), Me, and Anne PT
 Me and Dr. Chae
 My car getting loaded on the semi
Goodbye car see you in Orlando, FL!!!

4 comments:

Cindy Winter-Hartley said...

You are a woman of incredible courage and faith. Lord bless you on this next chapter of life.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I am excited for you. Next week at this time, you will be almost settled. :) Marion

Mary Strynar said...

Walk on water, Amy. I love you.

Debbie said...

A number of years ago, a study was done on Norwegian wharf rats. After being thrown in the open water, one group paddled for about three and a half minutes before drowning. A second group was thrown in, but plucked out right before they drowned. The next day, when the rats were thrown back into the water, scientists were astounded to find them able to tread water for forty-five minutes or more—evidently because they were hoping they would be rescued as they were the previous day.

The same is true with us. If we don’t have hope that we’ll be rescued, we sink. But if we have hope that a rescue is coming, we can tread water through the hard times.

I don’t think it is at all coincidental that the doctrine of the Rapture is called the blessed hope (Titus 2:13) because, although sometimes we feel we’re in a rat race and going under quickly, we know today could be the glorious day of the Lord’s return.

~taken from: Jon Courson’s Application Commentary

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

~Isaiah 40:28-31

Love, Hugs, and Prayers to you and the rest of the family!!!

Blog Archive