Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trusting God, For He Is Our Source Of Hope and Strength

Thank you all for praying for Adam throughout this journey, your prayers are what helps us continue to make it through each day.  Your prayers, letters, and words of encouragement continue to help us keep our eyes focused on God and give us the strength we need for the moment.  I am giving thanks for you all tonight.  I also ask for you to please continue to keep praying for my man, and offer praise offerings for all that God has done in Adam's healing.  Colossians 4:2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving.

So yesterday I worked with Adam on blowing bubbles.  In order for him to be able to use his voice while speaking he needs to take a deep breath and use his breath to speak.  So that's where the bubbles come in... I blew the bubbles and I showing him that I was taking deeper breaths than he was and that's why my voice is louder.  I was talking him through all of this and he blew his first bubble!  I was ecstatic!  Adam and I also worked on exercising his tongue so that he could use it to form the words that he wants to use.  Sometimes his tongue tends to get stuck, so please be praying for his.  In speech today he worked with Brooke on stretching while trying to talk and when he was doing this we were able to hear his voice a little louder!  It's just a matter of time before he'll be using his voice all the time.  Please keep praying that Adam will have the strength to keep working on using his voice while trying to speak.

In physical therapy today, Anne had the day off, so Adam worked with Chris.  She started Adam off by stretching Adam as well as putting him in positions where Adam would have to correct his positioning, it was so awesome to see his protective response and to see him have the strength to correct his positioning.  Then she worked with Adam on walking, Adam did great! I love that he's walking just about every day.  Even though he's walking with a walker now, he's getting used to being up on his two feet... it will only be a matter of time before he's walking on his own!  We are continuing to trust God in Adam's healing and my hope is in him for rebuilding Adam from the inside out.

The best part of the day is dinner time when the 3 of us are back together and we share our days together.  Adam and I love to hear about Mackenzie's day, and I know she enjoys hearing the hero that her dad is.  I treasure our family moments and give God thanks for every one of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A matter of time, that's a good phrase. Father is above time, so He sees "the matter" finished. Like we've said, He is just waiting for us to get to "The time, where He sees the healing." Yes, a matter of time is a good phrase. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive