Thursday, March 24, 2011

Soon To Be Found In Florida

Yes!  That's right... as of April 18th the Root family will be taking up temporary residence in Orlando, FL.  Adam has been excepted into NeuroRestorative a longer term rehabilitation facility that will specifically work with Adam on becoming more independent and guiding us to reenter the community.   This is very exciting for all of us.  The time frame that we will be in Orlando will be 6-12 months and then we will be able to go home to North Carolina from there!  One step closer to home!!!  We are rejoicing in this opportunity and continuing to pray for Adam's FULL restoration.

Please be praying for our family with this upcoming transition.  Pray specifically for Mackenzie to meet a special girl friend as soon as we get there.   Mackenzie is looking forward to the move, she is looking forward to the community environment we will be in and that we will be living a 200 ft walk to Adam's facility!  I know many of you pray specifically for her, thank you.  She has been a remarkable kiddo throughout this whole ordeal and God has definitely prepared her for this journey, because any time transition is coming she seems to see the positive in it all and even gets excited.  Praise the Lord for all He is doing in her little life!

Today was such a busy day, Adam started his day with physical therapy, Anne took him to brace clinic to get his brace adjusted and then it was off to walking, he walked with Anne and the walker for 45 minutes and then she put him on the bike for 20 minutes, I couldn't believe he powered through all of that!  Way to go Adam!  In speech therapy Brooke worked with Adam on completing the last step in his diet plan.  This means that once he gets approved for this next level he will be able to eat anything he wants!  She approved him for lunch time upgrade, meaning that for lunch he can have anything he wants and then hopefully after next week she will be able to upgrade him for all 3 meals.  Go Adam!  In occupational therapy Eri worked with Adam on grooming himself.  She also worked with him today on transfers as well, he did okay, he's had a bit of an upset stomach today so he was a little resistant at first but quickly engaged her.  Adam amazes me that he keeps going every day, I am just so proud of him and all he continues to do even when he doesn't really want to.

This afternoon, we all hung out in Adam's room, listening to music and even did some art projects, we gave Adam his own materials, but he said no thank you, he wanted to watch... really he was saying he wanted to snooze  :) I cherish the moments that the three of us spend together as a family and I can't wait for the day when we can spend these moments outside of a hospital!  When we spend these moments together the 3 of us, it puts life into perspective for me and makes me appreciate that we have been given moments to spend as the 3 of us.  Recognizing this really helps me to see that God does have plans for the 3 of us, and He has only just begun His work in all 3 of us.  We will continue to trust in His plans for our family, and praising Him no matter what those plans may be.  Jeremiah 29:10-13 (The Message)  I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.  "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

SO excited fro you here comes the SON!

Anonymous said...

You know, Amy, I just thought about music. There have been studies showing how classical music help one do better when doing schoolwork. I wonder if it might not just help Adam's cells heal. Father uses all sorts of things for healing. Might this be one of them. I rejoice with you in your move. Father has a friend picked out for Mackenzie. It will be fun to see who it is. Closer to home. That sounds good. I love you and continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Hugs, Marion

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to hear about the next step in your journey knowing that our Lord will be there every step of the way. What an encouragement! Will continue to pray and expect good things.

Many blessings,
Ken

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

You are incredible. I want to read your book one day! I think Adam works out more than most of us. He definitely deserves to be your hero. Keep pressing you, you are a great example to all of us!

Blog Archive