Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Seeking God Just The Same


Today Adam had a special visitor, Charlie from Burmuda (Jeff's pastor in Burmuda).  He came back to visit Jeff and popped up to see how Adam, Mackenzie, and I are doing since his last visit in January. It was so good to see him again.  Charlie reminded us that his church in Burmuda is praying for us as well, I just loved the reminder. Thank you First Baptist Church in Burmuda for your prayers and support.  Thank you to all of you who are continuing to lift Adam and our family in your prayers, God is hearing them and He is rebuilding Adam from the inside out.

I know that you all have been partnering with us in prayer and I beg you all to please keep praying for my man.  This journey has been long for all of you too, your prayers and support mean more to myself and my family than I will ever be able to put into words.  For those of you who may be struggling in seeing God and wanting more of Him.  I encourage you to seek Him the same as you would when you see Him all around you.  This is faith with deeds.  Believing that God is working even when you may not see it or feel it. James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. Ask God to give you the faith you need to keep trusting Him even when you can't see Him working.


One of my favorite songs through this journey has been "Faithful" by: Brooke Fraser.

"Faithful"

There's distance in the air and I cannot make it leave
I wave my arms' round about me and blow with all my might
I cannot sense you close, though I know you're always here
But the comfort of you near is what I long for

When I can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same
When I can't hear you, I know you still hear every word I pray
And i want you more than I want to live another day
And as I wait for you maybe I'm made more faithful

All the folly of the past, though I know it is undone
I still feel the guilty one, still trying to make it right
So I whisper soft your name, let it roll around my tounge,
knowing you're the only one who knows me
You know me

Show me how I should live this
Show me where I should walk
I count this world as loss to me
You are all I want
You are all I want



I encourage you all to seek God just the same as you would if you could see Him working all around you.  I'm not just asking you to do this as you pray for Adam, but I am challenging you to seek God with all your heart, mind, and soul in all that you do, including your prayer life.  This is a challenge that continues to challenge myself, and also a way that you all can pray for me too.  Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Adam had a good day, but he seemed kind of out of it to me a bit.  Please pray that he gets a good night sleep tonight and that he will drink plenty of fluids.  In physical therapy, Adam did awesome, normally when he's walking with a walker he has two people assisting him, but today he only had one!  He was even pushing the walker forward which is really the first time he has done that as well!  Also today, Adam took his first few steps backwards, again he did amazing, he is so strong and regaining his muscles and his strength back.  In occupational therapy today Adam played the Wii, he didn't respond to it the way that I thought he might, Eri really had to move his arms for him as he watched the screen.  Hopefully next time he plays he'll be able to enjoy the game fully.  In speech today Adam worked with Brooke on eating the next level of foods, Adam did well, so hopefully he will work his way up the foodchain quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Adam and Brooke are getting along better. :) I rejoice with you in how well Adam is doing. He will catch onto the Wii in time. May you have a special touch of Father's grace this day. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive