Thursday, March 31, 2011

Saturated In His Peace and Love

I want to start tonight by thanking you all for praying for our family.  This journey is not one we can do on our own and I thank you all for partnering with us and praying for us regularly.  I really don't like to express my own needs on here, but I need your prayers.  A couple weeks ago when my sister blogged for me because I was in so much pain from a back injury I was unable to write.  I found out that I severely herniated a disc in back, it came out all the way and is completely crushing the nerve root, this root travels to the sciatic nerve and has caused extreme sciatica and eventualy the nerve quit working.  With the nerve unable to fire my muscles in my left leg I have loss all functional use of my left leg as well as I have lost all feeling in my left leg, it's completely numb.  For the last week, I have had to walk with a cane and it has been very difficult to go from being so active to really have to slow down.  All this to say, in order to give the best possible outcome of being able to regain the use of my leg they have to operate as soon as possible to relief the pressure off the nerve and remove the disc.  There is a chance that permanent nerve damage and would restrict the use of my left leg, however, I know my God is bigger and I am just going to believe and trust that He has a plan for this too, so I will just trust Him.  And no matter then outcome, I will praise God because I know I am in His hands and I will trust that this is all a part of His plans for me.

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

 I am putting my faith, hope, and trust in Him, and one thing is for sure, HE has blessed both Adam and I with incredible families. No matter what they are always here when we need them.  Both my mom and Adam's mom will be flying in next week to help, my surgery is schedule for next Friday.  Praise the Lord for both of them.  I am excited to see both of them!  My mom will be staying to help with our transfer to Florida, I cannot express enough thanks to my mom for being able to come out and help throughout my recovery as well as help with our transfer.  My mom has always set the most beautiful example of selfless sacrifice, and I am so honored and blessed to have such an example of a mother. 

With all this said, I have so much peace about what is to come, because I know God is in control, and I am saturated in His love.

Well today has been a busy day, between my doctor appointments, Adam's busy therapy schedule, and meetings... my goodness.  Adam's therapies went well today.  In speech, Brooke usually takes Adam to the speech office to minimize distractions, and Meredith usually meets them there.  Meredith was unable to make it the session today and I Adam asked "Where is she?" and then looked to the spot where Meredith normally sits.  Brooke said that then she asked him, "who are you talking about Adam, Meredith or (a made up name)?"  (she didn't tell me the fake name she used)  Adam responded "Meredith"!!!!  That was so awesome!!! Go ADAM!!!  In physical therapy Anne and a physical therapy aide walked with Adam down the hall with no walker!!!!  Anne said it was the least amount of work she's had to do when they have tried this method!!!  When physical therapy was over, Adam said he wasn't done yet!  I love that he asks for more therapy time.  Adam's getting stronger and stronger every day, I am so proud of him that he keeps pushing himself to new lengths.  In occupational therapy, Eri worked with Adam on bathtub transfers, so getting Adam familiar with what it will feel like to transfer into a normal bathtub like at home!  Eri was surprised, because Adam did more on his own than she had expected!  GO ADAM!!!  We are celebrating another great day!

I have to call it a night, I am exhausted this evening, and if you all could please keep Mackenzie in your prayers tomorrow, she has the final day of her testing and she has come down with a cold today so she's not feeling her best.  Thank you all for praying for ALL of us, we are so blessed, and have so much to give God thanks for! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend, I don't know why Father is giving you so many trusting opportuinties, BUT I do know He doesn't give them to you just to drop you. I love you and continue to trust Father for all of you. Hugs, Marion

Anonymous said...

Praying and fasting for God's full healing for you as well Amy ! Adam, you are an amazing man of GOd ...filling others around you with joy and hope! "Your Savior, who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." His promises are true!Love, Jan

Anonymous said...

Amy,
What a testimony you are. I don't write often, but your family is often in my daily email updates on my son. Praying for all of you. Thrilled with Adam's progress. Believing you will be OK, the surgery will go well, and thrilled beyond measure that you have such a wonderful support system! This gives me peace, knowing you will be nurtured yourself. May you be nurtured and taken care of as you have given to Adam and your daughter.
Vicky Scott

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

It's completely understandable that your own body would have struggles. Sciatica is really nasty and it sounds like you have a really bad case of it. Lord, as faithfully as Amy has been praying for Adam, Heavenly Father, allow others to lift HER up in every way possible. This burden is more than she can handle on her own and we praise God for her unconditional love for YOU and her family. Thank you for all the healing you have done and will continue to do. In Jesus' name, Amen

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I found your blog through the Rye's. My husband just had the same exact symptoms for a long time and then same diagnosis. He had surgery in December. He is doing much better now and is glad he had the surgery. He still has risidual pain, but it was very sucessful. I pray for yours to be sucessful too. Yes, you are lucky to have your mother with you, as you will need help during your recovery. Thanks for sharing in your blog. I do enjoy reading it and think of your family often

Blog Archive