Monday, March 28, 2011

Rejoicing In Another Miraculous Day

Where do I begin?!!!!  Today has been AMAZING!!!  In the words of all 4 of Adam's therapists "Adam has had the best therapy day EVER!!!

Adam's day started with his nurse Kendra asking Adam what her name was and he told her!  Way to go Adam!  Then in speech therapy, Brooke and Meredith were both impressed with how loud Adam's voice was today as well as how much he was talking and responding to their questions with accuracy.  I am so proud of him, I could see from the moment that I got here today that he was working so hard.  When he was going to speech he told me I didn't need to push him that he was going to walk... I told him it wasn't safe enough for him to walk yet, but that I bet he could walk there and even beat me... we compromised and he walked himself in his chair to speech! 

Next up was physical therapy, Anne was so funny, she kept referring to Adam as having a miraculous healing over the weekend, I told her he is given miraculous healing daily, because I know God is touching Adam daily!  In the words of Anne, "this was the best walk EVER!"  Anne graduated Adam from the atlas walker to a normal walker!!!  This is a HUGE deal, because it means he's doing so much more of the work himself!  His right side is still quite a bit weaker than his left side, so at one point the walker was more to his left and he even corrected it all by himself!  This was amazing!  After walking the hall several times, Anne and her student Heather took Adam into the gym and did stretches with him on the exercise ball.  It was so awesome to see him balance and follow commands at the same time!!!  Incredible!!!  At the end of the session Anne told Adam that therapy was over, and Adam said he wasn't done yet!  He's such a hard worker, and it's really showing!  I am so blessed by how hard he works!

Last was occupational therapy, all Eri kept saying was "amazing, Adam, you're amazing".  Eri filled a bucket with 6 objects and asked Adam for an object one at a time he followed her directions 100%!!!!  He got all of them right!!!  Amazing, Adam, amazing!   Then they worked on grooming him and he did really well, he was able to brush his teeth and spit with little assistance and little ques.  Then Eri and Adam played connect4 on a really large Connect4 board.  Adam got 4 in a row of the same color!  GO ADAM!!!!

This evening Adam and I joined our small group in North Carolina via webcam... I just love technology.  I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it is to fellowship with other believers and to participate in a bible study.   It's such a sense of normalcy.  We have been doing the Fireproof Your Marriage study based off the movie Fireproof, and it's such a great reminder that we can't do marriage on our own, that marriage takes God showing us His purpose for marriage and it God to show us how to be the spouse that our spouse needs and deserves.  If you haven't seen the movie Fireproof, rent it... actually you'll like it so much, you might as well just buy it!  I just love being able to participate with our small group and to feel so connected to our home church, this is truly a blessing.  It's official, Adam and I have the world's best small group!  I love you guys and can't wait to rejoin in person!  There WILL be a day!

Truly an amazing day!  All day while watching Adam or following him around while he was walking his chair, I just kept praising God for the miracles that I was seeing, for His mighty hand at work in Adam all the time, to God be the glory!  I kept saying to Adam, "to God be the glory".  and I stand amazed at the work He is doing in Adam, and it shows that He is always at work in Him, Adam's healing is truly in His hands and in His timing.  I am praising God for who He is and who He says He is!  He is healer, redeemer, Savior... He is the giver of life, of grace, of mercy... and I am so undeserving of these gifts He gives me, I will be forever in awe.  Isaiah 43:10-13  10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”

Tonight I am laying my head on my pillow, marveling at what a MIGHTY God we serve!

The World's Best Small Group

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the bugs between Adam and Brooke are being worked out. Father can do all things. :) YES, that includes Adam's complete healing. I rejoice with you, that you have such a fine small group. Yes, I have watched Fireproof. It is a true help to all who allow it to be. I love you and continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Marion

Mary Strynar said...

I agree with Marion. I noticed that too. Also Mark and I were commenting on the difference in Adam. My prayer efforts are being renewed and strengthened. Dear Almighty God and Father, please continue to knit Adam's brain back together. Please let all who work with Adam see the future clearly that Adam will fully recovery. Help Adam and his caretakers to work harder toward that goal. Prepare his doctors and therapists in FL. Thank You for every miracle You have completed in Adam and his family. Amen

The Caudill Clan said...

I will speak for the rest of our small group and say that you, Adam and Mackenzie are an absolute blessing to us! It was awesome to fellowship with the 3 of you last night. To hear all 3 voices was amazing!!! It is such a delight to study, learn and love with you. Hugs all around and praying for all involved in getting you all back home to NC. Love you, Kelly

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW ....Rejoicing with you in another miraculous day!! Our small group has been praying for Adam for months now and I get so excited about another amazing report that I can give Thursday night. We actually have a girl in our small group (Sarah) who also had a traumatic brain injury about 4 years ago. She's doing great!! She is always so interested in specifics about the healing God is doing in Adam! What a beautiful thing is the body of Christ when we are praying and supporting one another!! So grateful that you have found that with your small group AND what an amazing gift to attend small group via the web!!
Wayne is excited you'll be in Flordia next because he hopes to visit when he goes down there on business ! love, Jan

Doug Mortensen said...

Praise God for answered prayers!

Jewel said...

WOW! What encourageing news to us all!!! Thank you Father for being able to see on the outside the work you've been doing all along! What a blessing to be able to join your small group as well:) We've seen the movie Fireproof, it was really good. I think we might even have the book...I'm going to have to look because it sounds really good and something that we'd really benefit from right now. Thanks Amy! Love you and miss you<3

Hannah Joy said...

Rejoice in the Lord and again I say Rejoice. Oh girlfriend the Lord is faithful. We love you guys so much and diligently pray everyday. So looking forward to the day of cooking out together and celebrating our miracle working God. Our God will do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think according to the power that works within us. May the power of the living God continue to work within your family. Love you so much. Autumn

Karie Garner said...

Praise God for the wonderful day Adam had!!! I'm so happy for you all and for the progress he is making. You all 3 are an amazing testimony and will continue to be in the years to come. What a story you will have! And Adam will tell it in a voice loud and clear!

Blog Archive