Thursday, March 3, 2011

Praying That We Remain In Him

I am praising the Lord for Adam's CT results today!  The CT scan showed improvements in his ventricles, and no issues with his shunt!  This led to the next conversation, and pondering what could it be that is causing him to be so off... Dr. Chae told me that he thinks as Adam has been becoming more alert and aware, he has also becoming more aware of his surroundings and deficits, it could be causing some depression.  Dr. Chae started Adam on an antidepressant to see if that will help.  Please pray for Adam to be encouraged and to be able to see how far he has come and to continue to have the strength to persevere.  Please, please keep praying for Adam's FULL restoration.  I believe God is rebuilding Adam and he will be rebuilt.

David Jeremiah writes in My Heart’s Desire:

"You may sometimes feel awkward and uncomfortable, and find yourself saying, “Is this really true? I don’t see anything in it. I don’t hear God’s voice. I don’t feel His presence.” There are days like that for all of us. The pursuit of God has no shortcuts. You simply must keep walking, keep seeking, and keep yearning. Keep at it, and you won’t be disappointed." 

John 15:5-6 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

I know so many of you have faithfully been praying for him, it shows!  Today Adam's day showed some improvement, he has been talking more today and pushing himself again!  In physical therapy he went back to brace clinic to make sure the braces he had made for him fit well and do what they are suppose to do.  Adam got the brace on and just took off walking with Anne in his walker.  He was doing so well she then took away the walker and Adam walked with Anne and the physical therapy aide Stephanie.  He was doing so well Anne wanted to see how well he would do holding onto the rail and Anne, he did well.  He continues to build strength with every step.  I could believe how much he walked today, he did great!  GO ADAM!  In speech therapist he actually spoke with a little more than a whisper.  He did awesome!  By the afternoon Adam was pretty tired and seemed extra sleepy so in occupational therapy today Eri worked on stretching Adam. 

Please continue to pray for Adam to make the improvements necessary to get back to where he was a few weeks ago.  Like I mentioned yesterday prayer still is our greatest need.  Please keep praying for my man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

James says "The fervent prayers of a righteous man have great power and wonderful results ," and we have the compound effect of the fervent prayers of MANY who call out to heaven day by day for your sweet family. We rejoice in the progress that we hear about AND the hope for a full recovery for Adam. Thank you again for your daily update that allows us to be with you and hear from you each day. Just got home from Lifecare Banquet. WOW !! love, Jan

Anonymous said...

Praise Father for Adam's walk....Hey I just thought, not only his physical walk, but his spiritual walk. He (Adam) is strong in both. In both, Father has him right where He wants him. He (Father) continues to guide and hold Adam up. I love you and rejoice with you, and trust with you for all Father is doing. Hugs, Marion

Blog Archive