Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prayer Is Still Our Greatest Need

Just loving my man

Please pray for Adam tonight, last week as I blogged he had a cold and he was not himself, now that his cold has resolved he is still not bouncing back.  He's been very sluggish and slower to respond the last couple of days, I keep telling myself, "this too shall pass" but I know I need help from our prayer warriors to pray for God's mighty warrior tonight.  He had a CT scan this afternoon, but we won't it won't get read officially until tomorrow.  Adam's sluggishness may be a result of two things, we know it's not infection because his blood work and other tests have come back negative, so it leaves either his shunt or the changes in his medications.  The CT results will reveal which one it is, I have a feeling it's medication changes, but I want to be for sure so I asked for a CT scan.  Please pray for Adam's team and for Dr. Chae as they make decisions for his care.  Pray for wisdom and discernment with every decision. 

I just love my man, as I sit with him every day I fall more in love with him.  His perseverance, his strength, his endurance, his tenderness, his vulnerability, his masculinity, his drive, his determination, his loyalty, his humbleness, his integrity... I can see it all and he truly is the man of my dreams.  He is my husband, my best friend, my inspiration, my hero... MY MAN!!!  With every passing moment my heart falls more deeply and madly in love with my man.  He continues to deserve every ounce of honor and respect I have.  He is the hardest working man and the most amazing husband a girl could ever ask for.  He makes all my dreams come true every day, cause he's still here fighting for us, I am so blessed to by his girl.  Just missing my man tonight.

Adam still had good therapy sessions today, in occupational therapy Eri worked with Adam on showering and being able to wash himself... he did okay, he washed his hair well!  In physical therapy, Anne continued to work with Adam on his walking, every day his walk is improving.  Tomorrow Adam's braces will be done so hopefully they will help Adam to walk more heal to toe rather than on his toes.  Please pray for that Adam will continue to fight his muscle weakness and his muscle tone so that he will be able to walk heal to toe.  In speech today Brooke brought in a special machine that measures the sound coming from him.  She showed him how it worked and he was able to vocalize on command for her.  She said this was a great first step in helping him realize he needs to use his voice when speaking.  Again please pray for Adam to be able to coordinate using his vocal cords while speaking.  Thank you for your prayers, they mean so much to us.

Today we have been very blessed, God has truly provided all we have needed. I was able to talk with a good friend this morning on the phone and have some great prayer time with her. Then Norman and Joanna brought us another meal for dinner tonight (this is always a treat and a blessing). We sat down this evening as a family and enjoyed a meal together, I cherish these times. We are so blessed. Charlie also came by to see us and pray with us. God is so good, I was just telling God this morning that I would love for more people to stop by and pray with us... and God gave us Charlie Franks pastor of The First Baptist Church of Bermuda... we are so blessed.

Charlie and I

ATTENTION ATTENTION, PLEASE PRAY WITH US... I would love to have a day of prayer for Adam's restoration.  On Saturday please pray for Adam from wherever you may be, please pray for my man from wherever you may be.  For those in the Boston area that are able to come by on Saturday to pray over Adam we would love to have you.  Visiting hours are from 11:00am-8:00pm (meals times are difficult so please honor the lunch hour as well as 5:30-7:00pm to allow us to have our meal time) please come by and pray with us.  God is continuing to do mighty things in Adam's healing, and we are praising Him for all that He has done, all that He is doing, and all that is yet to come!  Colossians 1:17  He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

3 comments:

Teri Hooper said...

YES!! Go Adam! I am so excited about Saturday. Jam 5:14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up…..Jam 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen. I will trust with you on Saturday. Father truly has His hand on Adam. He (God) will bring him through this time of not quite being on top of things. Father has not brought Adam this far to leave him. I love you guys, Marion

Jewel said...

I wish I could come and pray with you guys, but we will definitely be praying here! God is working continuously! I keep getting the picture of the butterfly in the cocoon before it emerges...safe inside God works to bring forth graceful transformation:) love that picture for all of us, but definitely for Adam and the healing that IS taking place.

Blog Archive