Monday, March 7, 2011

Loving My Man!

I LOVE MY MAN!  I just absolutely love how much he loves me, even when I push him and he argues with me, I can tell how much he loves me.  Today I was working with Adam in between therapies and I was pushing him to see just how much he could do and while he was doing awesome, he got so irritated with me.  Once I was able to show him how much he accomplished before he got irritated he finished what he started... I am so incredibly proud of how hard my man works every day and how hard he fights this brain injury. 

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...  by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Adam had an awesome day in therapy... he started the day with speech therapy, Adam did pretty good talking to the therapist.  He answered most of the questions, and stayed engaged with the therapist the whole time!  He did great!  Next was physical therapy and of course he walked!  He did great, as we were walking Anne said to me, I bet he could do the stairs in the gym... so into the gym we went and once Adam realized the stairs were in front of him, he automatically started going.  He went up 3 steps and then came back down and the he did it again. He worked so hard that he broke into a sweat.  In occupational therapy Eri worked with Adam on his activities of daily living.  He brushed his teeth and worked on shaving himself again.  This time when he shaved himself, he shaved under his nose and part of his cheek all by himself!  I am so proud of him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father is good. I am so proud of Adam. I am proud of his wife. She is just what Father wanted her to be. I love you, and continue to trust for all of you, Marion

Anonymous said...

I love that you blog...you make me happy! I love to hear your heart and the steps of the journey...and how God is always with you! Give Adam a Hug for me and tell him that I really love him and miss him and I can't wait to see him again. i love you guys sooooo much! Aunt Kimberly

Blog Archive