Sunday, March 6, 2011

Love Sundays...

Psalm 40:16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The LORD is great!”

I'm sure I have mentioned this so many times, but I just love Sundays.  They have always been a family day for us and the last 9 and half months has been no different.  Today was an unusual warm day here, but it was forecasted to pour down rain, so we raced against the rain and took Adam outside today.  We spent about an hour outside before it started to drizzle.  When we got back into Adam's room, Kendra (Adam's main nurse) had the window opened for us so that we could have fresh air... it was so great to get that fresh air in Adam's stale hospital room, what a difference that made for all of us!

Later in the afternoon we were preparing for visitors so Mackenzie turned Adam's room into a living room, she was so funny.  Mike and Liz and Norman and Joanna came for a visit.  It was so great getting to spend the afternoon with them.  It was so good to hear Mike's laugh again... he also came back into the unit walking!!!  It was fantastic!!!  They all played a couple games Mackenzie made up too... any of you who know Mackenzie has probably been lucky enough to enjoy one of her creative games.  At one point in time the nurse walked in to check on Adam and all of had stickers on our foreheads as part of the game... what a sight we must have been.  Adam, Mackenzie, and I so enjoyed their company.  I love the friends that God has brought us along this journey, he has hand picked the some amazing people!
Mike (in front) Joanna (behind Mike) Norman (hiding behind Joanna) Liz (next to Norman)

The three of us ended our evening tonight with an amazing meal that Norman, Joanna, Mike, and Liz brought for us and we watched America's Funniest Videos.  Adam just loves that show, every time we watch he laughs.  What an amazing day we were able to rejoice in today!  I just love our family days. This evening as we were tucking Adam in, I had turned to get Adam what needed for the night, and I came back to see Mackenzie singing to Adam the David Crowder song "Everything Glorious", it was so sweet.  I just love my family. Tonight I am rejoicing and counting my blessings for my man and my kiddo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a special moment with us. It sounded like such fun. Friends are a special gift from Father. I am glad you are my friend. With trusting and much love, Marion

Jevans said...

Thank you so much Mackenzie...I just watched Mr. Crowder on youtube myself and it made me smile.

Love in JESUS and in me,

Jo

Anonymous said...

Gods goodness never ceases to amaze me...I Love that He has brought wonderful friends into your lives!
Love you all, Aunt Kimberly

Blog Archive