Sunday, March 27, 2011

Encouraged By All Of You

Psalm 37:3  Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

I am really missing my man tonight... I just want to be with him, I want to make memories together as a family that are outside of a facility... I know it's a matter of time, so tonight I am trusting in God and His mighty plan for our family, I am trusting that this is all part of His plan.  I am praying for obedience as I walk this journey.

I'm not going to do a lengthy update tonight, I am exhausted and need to get to sleep...  Adam, Mackenzie, and I all had a great day.  Mackenzie worked on a school project for most of the day which kept her occupied and entertained, which was very nice.  Today was kind of a sad day for me, the hospital is undergoing an inspection tomorrow and we had to take down all personal items.  So I had to pack up Adam's room.  His room always brings such comfort to me, I just love the postcard wall and the reminder is serves that we are not alone on this journey that all of you are with us.  I take comfort in all the scrapbooking pages with our family photos, I love all the drawings Adam has received from so many of your kids...and then there's the beloved Halo poster, and Matt's Marines flag... so sad we had to pack it all up.  It was so depressing leaving Adam in his room with bare walls.  It makes me so excited for our new adventure coming up, because I know in just a little bit we will be rehanging them, starting a new chapter of this journey.  While this was sad, it was also a HUGE blessing, as we took the postcards off the wall I reread each and every one of them to Adam.  You all wrote some wonderful, sweet, and incredibly encouraging messages on the postcards.  It was so awesome to be so lifted up and encouraged.  Again, I just love all the postcards, thank you all so much for sending them in.  (If you are new reader click HERE to read about the postcard wall PLEASE NOTE: from this post that the link will take you to our address has changed)

Adam continued to amaze me today, he was so determined today to do most things for himself... he was walking his feet while in his chair all over today... He would follow me as I was taking things off his wall, and then he would wheel out to the hall to check out what everyone was up to.  Today was the most independently mobile I have seen him be.  I am rejoicing and praising God to see His mighty hand always at work in Adam's healing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be sad to, taking down "home". One consolation, when the time for moving does come, you don't have to do it. :) I am excited for you and your move. I love you all. Hugs, Marion

Blog Archive