Wednesday, March 30, 2011

EAT MOR CHIKIN!!!

Most everyone from back home (North Carolina) will understand the title of this blog, or at least recognize it.  It's Chick Fil A's slogan.  (Click HERE to see what Chick Fil A is for my west coast friends)  Do you remember me blogging about how much Chick Fil A blessed us a month ago... (CLICK HERE TO READ)  I went back to Chick Fil A today to drop off a thank you card and since Mackenzie had a half day because of the MCAT testing we wanted to grab some lunch as well.  The same manager was there that treated us before, I was able to give him the card and jog his memory as to why I was handing him the card.  He said to me that the owner was there today and wanted to speak to me.  The owner was awesome, he said that he wanted to get in contact with me after his employee told him about our family... he said that Chick Fil A would like to help our family and that he would be in contact with me to find ways that they can help our family!  WHAT A BLESSING!  I was so totally touched by this, and as if that wasn't enough, they treated our family to lunch again!  And fixed a Banana Pudding milkshake for Adam, which was amazing!  We are SO incredibly blessed.  I left Chick Fil A with so much joy today, just humbled again to see God meet our needs and take care of all the details for us.  AMAZING!
Burlington, MA Chick Fil A  (this is the manager, I didn't get a chance to get a picture of the owner)

Today on my way to the hospital I caught a radio program that was a sermon on prayer.  I started to reflect on prayer and my prayer life... I realized my relationship with God will only ever be as good and strong as my prayer life.  Sometimes as believers we get caught up in praying in formulas, or focusing so much on what we're going to pray that we forget we're talking to our Father, our best friend, our lover... prayer is our intimate time with Him... we just need to share what's on our hearts, talk to Him as we would our fathers, or our best friend... He wants nothing more than for you to share your heart, he already knows your needs, our heart's desires, he knows us best... but he wants us to come to Him and open our hearts to Him out of submission, out of obedience, out of humility of who HE is.  I pray that He will rid me of my pride and teach me to continually come to Him in humility. 

1 Colossians 4:2  Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  My footnote says... "Have you ever grown tired of praying for something or someone? Paul says we should "devote" ourselves to prayer and be "watchful" in prayer.  Our persistence is an expression of our faith that God answers our prayers.  Faith shouldn't die if the answers come slowly, for the delay may be God's way of working his will in our lives.  When you feel tired of praying, know that God is present, always listening, always answering-maybe not in ways you had hoped, but in ways that he knows best."  Please keep praying for Adam's FULL healing, God is rebuilding Adam, I pray that you all won't get tired of praying for my man.  He is still fighting for his life (maybe not to stay alive, but to hold onto hope and fighting to recover everyday), he needs your prayers.  Prayer is our greatest need and will remain so.

Adam had a good day today, his day started working with occupational therapy on getting ready for his day.  He showered, and washed his own hair!  When it came to washing his body, Eri asked if he was helping and he said not really, and Eri asked why, and Adam responded "because I'm being lazy"  He then said "I don't want to be lazy, but my body isn't working"  WOW, what great insight.  He wants to do more than he is, but his body tires out before he does.  Keep praying for his strength and endurance.  Keep praying for his processing, and his initiation and drive.  In physical therapy today Anne worked with stretching Adam while he was laying on his stomach, I laid on the mat next to him on my stomach, just talking to him.  I shared with him about Chick Fil A and about other little happenings.  After Anne was done stretching him, she had Adam follow directions for exercises and he followed commands 100%!!!  GO ADAM!!!  Then of course they went for a walk down the hall.  I am so proud of him!

Thank you all for praying for Mackenzie today, she said she felt like today's testing went well. She was invited to Church tonight with her friend Savannah. It was so awesome, she went and had a blast!!! It gave Adam and I a chance to have a date night! Adam's memory was way off today, which is common, his memory will come and go for awhile. Today he couldn't recall anyone, but he seemed to recognize places. So this evening we were scrolling through pictures on our digital picture frame, and I was trying to jog his memory. In one of our wedding pictures, I pointed to him and asked who that was and he said "that's me" and then I pointed to me and he said "that's a pretty babe" then the next picture was another picture of the 2 of us, and when I asked him who I was he said "pretty" He called me pretty all night... it was so sweet. I know even though tonight he couldn't recall my name, he still recognized how tender and special our relationship is. I love my man!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I did it right, I think I found a Chick Fil A in Seattle. Of course, that's just over an hours drive from where I live...so, it might be awhile before I try your resturant. :) I am so glad Mackenzie feels good about her tests. Thay were never my favorite thing in school. I rejoice with Adam's complete healing becoming more and more a reality. I love you guys, Marion

Anonymous said...

We will never get tired of praying, dear Amy, no matter how long the journey. Please don't worry about that, OK? Sending up more prayers for you all and sending a big hug to you in Boston, too ~ Love, Sheri

Sheri Halberg/Snohomish, WA.

Carlee said...

There is a Chik-Fil-A in Bellingham now! They are such a good Christian company! Thinking of you and miss you lots. Way to go Adam on EVERYTHING! Beat those odds, buddy!

radapunk said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

cheap clomid

Blog Archive