Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Day Of Visitors!

Today was a jammed packed day for Adam.  We rejoiced in the fact that Adam made the therapy lists today!  He was able to have both occupational therapy and physical therapy! 

Adam had such a good day today, after therapies Dan and his brother Mike came by to visit Adam!  It was so amazing to see Adam's reaction to seeing Dan, he heard Dan's voice then when he saw him Adam had the biggest smile on his face!  He even laughed at one of Dan's jokes... it was so great to see the two of them interacting again.  I know Adam has missed Dan, it was so obvious by seeing both of them. 

Dan and Mike

Mackenzie too had a visitor today, Savannah is a friends of Wes's family (Wes is another patient that I have mentioned a few times)  Savannah and Mackenzie are the same age and have a lot in common... so awesome that they were able to forge such a special friendship.  Truly an answer to prayer.
Savannah and Mackenzie

We were blessed with even more visitors, Sean our favorite EMT stopped by to check on Adam and see how he's progressing along!  It was so good to see Sean.  Then a little later Jeff and Stephanie came up for a visit  Jennifer, Stephanie's mom and Tony, Jeff's best friend came with them.  Such a wonderful visit and to have a few laughs.  Adam's dad and uncle Doug are here visiting from Oregon, which has been fun to spend time with them... I can't believe how many visitors we had today!  We are so blessed.

Tucking Adam in at night is my favorite time of the day and the hardest time of the day.  I love the tender and sweet moments we share and I hate the fact that when it's over I hate that I have to leave.  Tonight while we were tucking him in, Mackenzie started to laugh and then I started to laugh and it caused Adam to laugh... so there the 3 of us were laughing as we were getting ready to say our goodbyes... I just love our time together as a family.  Adam is pretty tired from such a busy day, please pray that he will sleep well, please continue to join me in praying for his God's healing hands to continue to rebuild Adam from the inside out. 

We continue to rejoice and give thanks for all that God has done in Adam's journey, the healing that has taken place, the lives that have been forever changed, and the opportunity He has given us to be His vessels.  Psalm 69:40 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet it is for wonderful friends! My continued prayers for Dan and the others on the 8th floor that are now friends of the family! God is so good to allow others to cross our paths at just the right and needed time. My best to Dan and his family. It warmed my heart to see him and Mike!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Father's gifts, laughter and friends. I am so glad you got to have them both today. I DO continue to pray for complete restoration, and I DO rejoice for what Father has done. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive