Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Believing In God's Plans For Our Family

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, text messages, and words of encouragement today.  What a blessing you all are to me.  Yesterday I shared how I still have to be conscience to choose God and choose to believe in His promises, today I caught myself saying outloud "I believe in the plans You have for us".  There's something about speaking outloud, as if I am proclaiming to the world that no matter what is thrown our way, no matter the circumstances, God is and will continue to be the rock the we will stand firm on.  I love the line in the Chris Tomlin "Our God"... "And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us  And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?"


Psalm 62: 2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;  he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us?

Our future continues to be uncertain, but one thing is certain, I know God is in control, I know that He is always with us, and I know He will guide our steps, I just have to continue to choose to trust Him, choose to follow in His steps to the path that He has already marked out for us... I just have to choose Him.

Today has been a busy day balancing Adam's schedule, with meetings, and Mackenzie's schedule.  Adam didn't sleep well last night so he started his day late and started off pretty sleepy.  I am so proud of him, he powered through his day, with being as exhausted as he was today, he amazed me.  After a late breakfast (to allow him to get some more sleep), he started his day with speech therapy.  Brooke and Meredith said they can see improvements in him daily, please continue to pray for progress in his cognitive skills.  Next up was physical therapy, Anne put Adam in the harness lite gait machine over the treadmill... this helps Adam in the sense that he does all the work, but if he gets tired, and would potentially fall, then the harness would suspend him and keep him from falling.  He went so fast today and his endurance was so much stronger today than last week when he did this.  Occupational therapy with Eri, Adam worked on stretching and reaching, as well as transfers from his wheelchair, to the bed, to another chair...ect.  He amazes me how strong he is getting!  Adam is doing so much of the work in transfers that I was even able to transfer him today!  He did all the work I just help to guide him!   I was ecstatic to be able to work with him on transferring him!  (Don't worry, I am still taking it really easy, and won't be doing too many transfers).  GO ADAM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My church often sings the Chris Tomlin song you mentioned. It is always good to hear. I am glad Adam is doing so well. Too, I am glad you are being a good girl, in thinking of yourself. I love you guys, Marion

Blog Archive